Bamboo-Pomelo

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Ah, Bamboo-Pomelo, I need to order more of you soon. You're so delicious and I keep on sharing you with others, I need to have more of you to enjoy regularly. Truly unique and always delicious!” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “i do love this tea. no sugar.... lovely and refreshing, right before bed. the world is unsettled these days. i have no explanations. some say astrology predicts it, others say there are...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 378 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! (170) Not bad...down 8 today and tried a few of my samples from the teafairy. Still have more in me though now i have to run some errands so we can get back and make the roast for...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4840 tasting notes
  • “There will be a proper post on this one later. I've got it in the queue. I just wanted to say that I finished off the sample that *MissB* shared with me and this blend is EPICALLY GOOD!” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1267 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

Exotic bamboo is combined with pomelo—bursting with fresh citrus flavor.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, lemon grass, orange peel, lemon balm leaves, bamboo leaves, licorice root, blackberry leaves, natural flavor, orange slices, red cornflower blossoms and citric acid.

One heaping teaspoon per 8 oz cup of filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 5-10 min.

North American Tea Championship 2013 – First Place

About TeaGschwendner View company

Ah, Bamboo-Pomelo, I need to order more of you soon. You’re so delicious and I keep on sharing you with others, I need to have more of you to enjoy regularly. Truly unique and always delicious!

MissB

Oh wow, and… my 400th tasting note!

VariaTEA

Wow! Awesome!!

Fjellrev

Yay for 400!

i do love this tea.

no sugar…. lovely and refreshing, right before bed.

the world is unsettled these days. i have no explanations. some say astrology predicts it, others say there are periods of time where this is just how it goes…. i just wish i could help more.

in the meantime, this tea settles.

Indigobloom

That was me through all of October. Coincided with astrology as well.

Terri HarpLady

I think that was me the entire year of 2013…
A month from now I’ll be 55, my 5th palindrome birthday!
I have a good feeling…

JustJames

ahhhh, you guys are great! =0)

MissB

Sooo glad I sent you some of this! Seems like a long time ago now. I’m almost at the point of reordering from my first 100g bag.

JustJames

this is the first review from MY bag! lol…. i bought because of the sample you sent me!

MissB

Heh. I know. Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that I’ve helped you find some new tea to love.

sipdown! (170) Not bad…down 8 today and tried a few of my samples from the teafairy. Still have more in me though now i have to run some errands so we can get back and make the roast for tonight! I quite like this one, so of course i’m torn now since i might be able to get over to their chicago store next week. To order, or not to order…that IS the question. Thanks for sharing this one with me MissB!

TheTeaFairy

Can’t believe you’re already down to 170!

I’m kinda wondering if ican. Get to 160 this weekend because I’ll be picking up about 15 teas this weekend from orders arriving….and then if I buy anything in Chicago…

Cavocorax

That’s really awesome! Go, Sipdown, go!

i don’t think i’ll get to 150 this month as planned but setting goals at least gives me something to work towards. I mean hell, i only have one tea from March 2013 in my cupboard and then my oldest is from May!

There will be a proper post on this one later. I’ve got it in the queue. I just wanted to say that I finished off the sample that MissB shared with me and this blend is

EPICALLY GOOD!

it IS damn good!

Angrboda

And it’s so happy looking too. I remember when I first unpacked it from the box I thought ‘gosh, what a jolly looking blend’

MissB

Oh, I’m so glad you liked this! One of my all-time favorite herbals.

MJ

Oh dang that looks so interesting!

Anna

This sounds really good!

1933 tasting notes

Well crap, safari crashed on my iPad and I lost my tasting note. Thanks to MissB for this tea!

Long story short: this is a tasty citrusy herbal blend. The main flavors I’m getting are lemongrass, pomelo, and the sweetness from the licorice root. I like it and would drink it again!

Ohemgee MissB! Your mystery package arrived today! I am so terribly excited. Thank you for so many new teas to try! I have decided to start with this one as it is an herbal blend and it’s after work :)

I think I like the smell of this more than the tea itself. The tea is also quite pleasant. Quite citrus-y, a good kick in the behind to jump start studying tonight. Thank you MissB. A wonderful start to the batch you sent my way.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
MissB

Uh oh, was it really only a 51? I’m glad you enjoyed it regardless! This is one of my favorite teas.

Kayla

I will be giving it another chance, all the reviews on it are so high! I must have done something wrong.

MissB

It’s really okay. :) It’s all in one’s palate, and that’s why I love sending out teas – because everyone has different experiences. I’d overleaf this one if you can, only because it’s so hard to measure out.

I thought this tea would have some green or white tea in it but it doesn’t. The main base is bamboo. I’ve never had a bamboo tea before and it smelled delicious in the bag. Brewed up the aroma reminds me of another tea I’ve had before (probably from Tealux but couldn’t place it). I think it was the combo of lemongrass and blackberry leaves. I could taste a bit of the lemongrass with a spicy edge to it (i’m thinking that’s the blackberry leaves) and a bit of sweetness. There was a nice pear/apple finish taste. So I’m still not sure what bamboo tastes like or if I’m picking it up the tea and don’t know which one is the bamboo. This tea is delicious and an extra bonus is it’s caffeine free. Another choice for an evening tea.

TeaWings

I just tried that stuff over this past weekend, what a neat little tisane!

Ubacat

Yes, too bad it’s a German tea. It must cost a fortune to ship.

MissB

It’s German, however they have a store or two in the US. I think it’s $7 for shipping if you order less than $50 or something, free otherwise? I’ve loved almost everything I’ve grabbed from them, however it’s all 50g or more… and thus why I send out a lot of their stuff for folks to try and see.

This is one of my favorite teas, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

Ubacat

I didn’t know that. They do have some interesting blends on their website. I’ll have to keep that in mind for future orders. Thanks for putting the sample in the package. I’m so glad I got to try it!