Bamboo-Pomelo

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut, Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Sweet, Bamboo, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Ah, Bamboo-Pomelo, I need to order more of you soon. You’re so delicious and I keep on sharing you with others, I need to have more of you to enjoy regularly. Truly unique and always delicious!” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1342 tasting notes
  • “i do love this tea. no sugar…. lovely and refreshing, right before bed. the world is unsettled these days. i have no explanations. some say astrology predicts it,...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 381 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! (170) Not bad…down 8 today and tried a few of my samples from the teafairy. Still have more in me though now i have to run some errands so we can get back and make the roast for...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6311 tasting notes
  • “There will be a proper post on this one later. I’ve got it in the queue. I just wanted to say that I finished off the sample that MissB shared with me and this blend is Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1317 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

Exotic bamboo is combined with pomelo—bursting with fresh citrus flavor.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, lemon grass, orange peel, lemon balm leaves, bamboo leaves, licorice root, blackberry leaves, natural flavor, orange slices, red cornflower blossoms and citric acid.

One heaping teaspoon per 8 oz cup of filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 5-10 min.

North American Tea Championship 2013 – First Place

About TeaGschwendner View company

MissB

Oh wow, and… my 400th tasting note!

VariaTEA

Wow! Awesome!!

Fjellrev

Yay for 400!

i do love this tea.

no sugar…. lovely and refreshing, right before bed.

the world is unsettled these days. i have no explanations. some say astrology predicts it, others say there are periods of time where this is just how it goes…. i just wish i could help more.

in the meantime, this tea settles.

Indigobloom

That was me through all of October. Coincided with astrology as well.

Terri HarpLady

I think that was me the entire year of 2013…
A month from now I’ll be 55, my 5th palindrome birthday!
I have a good feeling…

JustJames

ahhhh, you guys are great! =0)

MissB

Sooo glad I sent you some of this! Seems like a long time ago now. I’m almost at the point of reordering from my first 100g bag.

JustJames

this is the first review from MY bag! lol…. i bought because of the sample you sent me!

MissB

Heh. I know. Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that I’ve helped you find some new tea to love.

sipdown! (170) Not bad…down 8 today and tried a few of my samples from the teafairy. Still have more in me though now i have to run some errands so we can get back and make the roast for tonight! I quite like this one, so of course i’m torn now since i might be able to get over to their chicago store next week. To order, or not to order…that IS the question. Thanks for sharing this one with me MissB!

TheTeaFairy

Can’t believe you’re already down to 170!

I’m kinda wondering if ican. Get to 160 this weekend because I’ll be picking up about 15 teas this weekend from orders arriving….and then if I buy anything in Chicago…

Cavocorax

That’s really awesome! Go, Sipdown, go!

i don’t think i’ll get to 150 this month as planned but setting goals at least gives me something to work towards. I mean hell, i only have one tea from March 2013 in my cupboard and then my oldest is from May!

EPICALLY GOOD!

it IS damn good!

Angrboda

And it’s so happy looking too. I remember when I first unpacked it from the box I thought ‘gosh, what a jolly looking blend’

MissB

Oh, I’m so glad you liked this! One of my all-time favorite herbals.

MJ

Oh dang that looks so interesting!

Anna

This sounds really good!

Well crap, safari crashed on my iPad and I lost my tasting note. Thanks to MissB for this tea!

Long story short: this is a tasty citrusy herbal blend. The main flavors I’m getting are lemongrass, pomelo, and the sweetness from the licorice root. I like it and would drink it again!

Thank you to Sil for this sample!

This is really delightful. The smell of the dry leaf is all grapefruit, and very intense.

I didn’t realize this was an herbal when I was steeping it – I guessed green tea and treated it as such – 80C, 2min. And it’s delicious. The dominant note is grapefruit (I suppose pomelo, though it tastes more like grapefruit than pomelo to me.) Then I get lemongrass and a sweetness that’s reminiscent of coconut. I can’t quite pick out the bamboo, though I’m guessing it’s contributing to the sweet flavour.

Delicious.

Flavors: Coconut, Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Sweet

i like tea G’s flavoured teas… they’re pretty solid 90% of the time (at least in my opinion so far)

Brewed for 10 minutes.

Amazing balance of flavour. The lemongrass is not at all over-powering (just a bit of a flatness in the aftertaste)- the bamboo flavour is able to come through well. Sweetness in the background. There’s some kind of fruity body to this- like I can imagine biting into a fresh pomello. No off-flavouring.

Thanks to Sil for sharing!

Flavors: Bamboo, Citrus, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 6 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

Thanks for the sample, JustJames!

This is a really lovely tea. The leaf is very pretty. Full of fruity bits and bamboo leaves. The wet leaf smells fantastic – basically like grapefruit juice.

The brew is tart and sweet. The woody bamboo flavor complements the citrusy aspect nicely. It’s equally good cold – light and sweet – and resteeps well as long as you let it sit for a while. Overall, I think this is an excellent option for a spring or summer evening cuppa.

YUM. Another Teagschwendner sample from Sil and I’ve got to say, I’m really impressed so far!

I typically don’t really do a lot of herbal teas but these blends are really fabulous. This one in particular is very bright and citrusy – now that I know pomelo is a type of grapefruit that is definitely the main flavor I get – strange how a mix of apple, orange and lemon accomplishes this!

Two things I do want to note: I steeped this for 9 minutes but I don’t see what harm an even 10 minutes would do. Also, the ingredients list says licorice root, but none of that flavor is present (yay!).

This seems like a really nice summer bedtime tea, but I imagine a cold brew would be nice as well. This one definitely surprised me – I wouldn’t have picked it out for myself but it’s actually a GREAT fit for my tastebuds! Thanks again, Sil!

Flavors: Grapefruit, Lemongrass

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

woohoo! glad i gave you at least one out of your comfort zone heh

Ohemgee MissB! Your mystery package arrived today! I am so terribly excited. Thank you for so many new teas to try! I have decided to start with this one as it is an herbal blend and it’s after work :)

I think I like the smell of this more than the tea itself. The tea is also quite pleasant. Quite citrus-y, a good kick in the behind to jump start studying tonight. Thank you MissB. A wonderful start to the batch you sent my way.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
MissB

Uh oh, was it really only a 51? I’m glad you enjoyed it regardless! This is one of my favorite teas.

Kayla

I will be giving it another chance, all the reviews on it are so high! I must have done something wrong.

MissB

It’s really okay. :) It’s all in one’s palate, and that’s why I love sending out teas – because everyone has different experiences. I’d overleaf this one if you can, only because it’s so hard to measure out.