Kapha Organic

Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Cardamom, Chili, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger, Lemon Balm, Parsley
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Decaffeinated
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Had to try this again tonight, for trying to (what seems like) kill JustJames from trying this one out last night. Really, if it was THAT spicy, I'd have given it a warning! Yikes. I feel badly. So...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 930 tasting notes
  • “Yum yum yum. Yum. With a honey stick from a local honey company because I'm too lazy to refill my honey jar from the "giant" bucket I have (3kg local honey WHEE!). I chose this because I'm making...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1162 tasting notes
  • “OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMG. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. it smelled like potato salad. it smelled like gripe water, you know the stuff you give a colicky baby? so i let it steep....” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 342 tasting notes
  • “One from MissB! thank you! I don't know how you thought this one was for me... but it is! It's a very odd blend but I like it! First, I have no idea what the green leaves are that take up most...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1086 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

A fiery, peppered blend for those in need of a little kick or welcome relief from a cold. In the Ayurvedic tradition, the Kapha dosha requires the fiery motivation provided by red chili and ginger to achieve balance.

Ingredients: Ginger, blackberry leaves, lemon balm leaves, parsley, fennel, coriander, chili and cardamom.

Preparation: Two level teaspoons per 8oz cup of filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 5 minutes.

Organic cultivation certified by Ceres GmbH for conformity with USDA standards.

About TeaGschwendner View company

Had to try this again tonight, for trying to (what seems like) kill JustJames from trying this one out last night. Really, if it was THAT spicy, I’d have given it a warning! Yikes. I feel badly. So today when I parsed some more of this out, I put right on the label: SPICY!

HAD to try it again though after last night. It’s still got a strong kick to it, which is mitigated by some sweetener. I love savory teas though, especially ones that attempt to ramp up your digestive fire and/or nature with zero caffeine. For me, this is only a 4 out of 10 on the spice-o-meter.. I must have a high tolerance or something.

This is more a, “get things moving” kinda tea for me. Meaning – I need to go for a run, or I have to finish a project late at night, or I need to get rid of some lingering junk in my chest or nasal passages. PLEASE though, if you’re sensitive to spices with heat, or have an easily upset tummy, take a pass on this one. :(

JustJames

i am ulcer prone =0( but i’me fine with crazy strong chai.

guess i did a ten min steep? maybe a bit more?

OMGsrsly

James. 10 min would be WAY too long. 5 minutes is about the tolerance I have for tea. I’d gladly eat spicier food, but that’s food…

JustJames

IT SMELLED LIKE DILL!!!!! i thought it needed extra time to evolve. i smelled none of the death my way. no sympathy OMG? not a hint of ‘poor james’?

OMGsrsly

I steeped 5 minutes and half way through my cup my mouth was burning. :D But I was expecting it from your note last night. <3

JustJames

i had no idea a herbal could be so brutal. so mean….. geez. i went and bought tums tonight.

Good idea. :)

i sense that you are making fun 80\

OMGsrsly

No! That was sincere! Unexpected spice is no fun, like that time I spent all my money on 3/3 star Thai food, and had no choice but to eat it…

JustJames

oh no. oh dear. i would have bought you milk. and patted your back. =o(

OMGsrsly

It was an accident, and thankfully we still had some rice in the house. LOTS of rice, wee little bit of spice. I think that was actually when I moved back here…

MissB

I know next time to give fair warning for this one. So sorry!

JustJames

no, no… i try NOT to read up on blends before i review, and i didn’t smell the pepper in it, lol.

lol i accidentally steeped with for about 8 mins… it’s great!

Yum yum yum. Yum.

With a honey stick from a local honey company because I’m too lazy to refill my honey jar from the “giant” bucket I have (3kg local honey WHEE!).

I chose this because I’m making Bo Kho, and the scent of the spices is making me SO HUNGRY. I had a salad to tide myself over, but it just wasn’t satisfying enough. Another 1:20 of cooking, and I’ll be able to sample the stew before I pack it away for lunches.

So this tea. SPICY and deliciously herbal as always. I really like it. Many, MANY thanks to MissB for sharing with me, getting me addicted, and then enabling me into a TeaG order. :) You’re super awesome, and I appreciate that.

(Yes, the ingredients are super weird. Parsley leaves? Chili flakes? But it’s SO GOOD. A nice kick in the pants.)

did you order more of this?

OMGsrsly

Yes. And Bonny gave me more too, so I’m not sure what’s happening there. I’m so scared of the box she has for me! So many new things to try! And my TeaG and 52Teas orders.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMG.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

it smelled like potato salad. it smelled like gripe water, you know the stuff you give a colicky baby? so i let it steep. for….awhile. KILL ME NOW!

i have no sinuses anymore. i just keep sneezing. no worries about tonsils…. was already born without them. can’t taste anything. i could test that….. what do i have in the house that i really hate that i could try eating?

not sure i can do this one again, i am very afraid at the moment….

ADDENDUM: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaarsh!!!!!! every line in my lips is on fire!!!!! it burns us preciousssssss.

MissB

No! This is a horrible one to oversteep. Definitely need less time over more. It’s spicy, but I’ve yet to have it anywhere near that spicy. It’s meant to warm up the body naturally. Not kill you! Yikes.

too late. i am dead…..

Lmao I totally need to try this one now hahahahaha

caile

I just checked to see what was in this.. lol!

JustJames

i was up all night with heartburn too, and we were out of tums….. so sad, i read that over and it’s a giant neon sign saying that i’m really old! lol.

MissB

Sil, I’ll send you some with the next swap.

JustJames

or i can send her the rest of mine! i have stuff with caramel to send anyway! i’m still recovering from the mug last night. oof!

One from MissB! thank you! I don’t know how you thought this one was for me… but it is! It’s a very odd blend but I like it! First, I have no idea what the green leaves are that take up most of the blend. Looking at the description it’s either parsley or blackberry leaves?!?! Weird weird. It’s like a chai with an odd base. I didn’t go with the suggested two teaspoons, or it might have definitely been too hot, since there seems to be a ton of chili here, even though it isn’t easy to see. I also didn’t steep for too long, since I figured the blackberry leaves would make it bitter.

Steep #1 // one teaspoon // a few minutes after boiling // 3 min
This is a weird mix of ingredients but it somehow works. It’s certainly spicy, but not as much as 52Teas Chili Chai. It also has a lovely lemon flavor. It is brothy with some of the ingredients like fennel. Not bitterness that I thought the blackberry leaves would bring! It’s interesting and delicious. Perfect amount spice for me, if I use one teaspoon. A lemony, brothy, spicy chai… and it’s much better than I’m making it sound.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 min
This is a bit more muted than the first cup but I’m surprised it still has this much spice. Not as much lemon or other spices though. This is a nice blend and I will “savor” the next couple teaspoons I have left!

MissB

It’s funny, I thought this was really mild too, until I steeped it for 5+ minutes. Then, holy WOW… get ready to clear out your sinuses. I’m really glad you liked it! It’s an odd blend, yet one I really enjoy. Also, I’ve yet to get any bitterness out of this, even after having left it to steep 20+ minutes.

WHOOOOO EEEEEEE! i love this ! hahaha I’m super glad MissB was kind enough to send me some…even if i think it was a ploy to give me a heart attack in terms of my cupboard numbers. Since i’m finding great success with Tea Gsweoriuweojsofns teas, i can see this being added to an order in the future. It wouldn’t be an every day tea, but this is a really nice spicier sort of delicious tea. I really like the want the fennel smells like, and i like that the tea isn’t just spicy. there are multiple flavours peaking out all over the place. Of course, that being said, i uh steeped this for a little long so i’m sure it’s MUCH more on the spicier side than most people would want bwahahahah oopsy!

Boiling 8 min or more