Gourmet Herbal (No. 1237)

Herbal Tea
Lemon Zest, Vanilla
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From TeaGschwendner

Lemon myrtle and lemon grass add a kiss of creamy citrus to a sugary vanilla background.

Ingredients: Lemon grass, lemon myrtle, Moldavian dragonhead, elderberry blossoms and vanilla bean pieces.

Preparation: Two level teaspoons per 8oz cup filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 5+ minutes.

About TeaGschwendner View company

It’s like math in my mug, this tea – all rectangles of different sizes and lengths. Smells a touch lemony, however it’s the flavor that sells it. Lemon meringue all over again, with a touch of a twist. Maybe a bit more vegetal here (only slightly), which seems to work with everything. I love this tea! I should note, the ingredient list is wild – two herbals in here that are firsts for me.

3 tsp in 12 oz., following the instructions on the bag.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Vanilla

OMGsrsly

LOL. My tea! You might as well take some more for yourself, since you liked it so much!

The name of this cracks me up. (What happened to the first 1236 herbals?) It’s like the guy who named his boat “Lucky 2.”

I am excited, however, to be drinking an ingredient called Moldavian dragonhead. I feel tough just thinking about it.

My first note on this recorded surprise that I liked it as much as I did, and I agree with what I said before. It isn’t an overly lemony lemon tisane, and the vanilla isn’t enough to push it into the cream or chiffon camp. It’s got an herbally lightness to it that is more grassy sweet than sweet-sweet and the vanilla supplies more mellowness than actual flavor. It’s not a fruity lemon, but it’s a pleasant one nevertheless.

Courtney

Moldavian dragonhead sounds like something out of Harry Potter. Very cool.

__Morgana__

Apparently it is a blue flower that looks a little like a Texas bluebonnet, but what a sexy name!

OMGsrsly

So excited! This one is coming my way. I think I got it 50/50 for the lemon description and the moldavian dragonhead. :)

__Morgana__

Next time I try this I’m really going to look for the Moldavian dragonhead in the mixture. Apparently it tastes like lemon, though I mostly taste the lemon myrtle in this and lemongrass to a lesser extent. It would be interesting to isolate some dragonhead and see what it tastes like by itself.

Memily

Snortlol at notes!

Anna

LOL. What if it had actually been 1236 less stellar, retired herbals… I like companies that this, though, since I have good recall when it comes to numbers (easier to remember than names). With Mariage Frères, I started out just memorizing the numbers of the blends I wanted to try.

In other OCD news, TG’s number 1236 appears to have been cut, but number 1238 is a very evil-looking hibiscus tea!

__Morgana__

Oooooh, there’s actually a 1238, and there was actually a 1236? The plot thickens….

I often find that lemongrass takes over my palate when it’s included in a blend, but was inspired to buy a sample bag of this when I saw that it also had vanilla in it – one of my favorite flavors and usually able to hold its own as well.

I was pleased that the bag had a generous amount of leaf in it – after five minutes I had a deeply golden green-brown liquor with a fresh citrus aroma. Sure enough, on first sip the lemongrass was definitely the most vocal component of the mix, but I could also sense the vanilla there, softening and rounding out the high notes. I’d call it a soothing and successful blend.

Lemon. Meringue.

Would be fantabulous with honey if I felt like trying to get the bucket open.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML
JustJames

lol…. me too…. too tired.

OMGsrsly

You would also be fantabulous with honey? ;) Please try to sleep, James! It’s so important for remembering what you learn. :)

Got a sample of this last time I was in TG. Not bad: It’s chiefly lemon myrtle and lemongrass, but there’s a hint of vanilla behind it. Better after dinner than I expected, especially late.