Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga
195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I picked this tea up while wandering around Chicago on a mini vacation I took to see the fantastic band, Mates of State. Not only did I get to enjoy an awesome town and a great band, I also got to...” Read full tasting note
    JYoungs 18 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

Traditional South African Honeybush produces a sweetness deeper than it’s Rooibush cousin, plus a few extra notes of wood and pepper for a long, delicious finish.

About TeaGschwendner View company

1 Tasting Note

I picked this tea up while wandering around Chicago on a mini vacation I took to see the fantastic band, Mates of State. Not only did I get to enjoy an awesome town and a great band, I also got to enjoy several tea shops. This tea has a very strong sweet and wood like smell. A smell I would gladly have wafting around at any time of day. Though it seems most of the smell is lost through steeping. All that remains is a very faint honey like smell. The taste of this tea doesn’t have much for sweetness, but as the description says it does send off notes of wood and a slight peppery finish. Occasionally I noticed an aftertaste of the sweetness I was smelling earlier. This tea is such a wonderful and warm treat to enjoy!

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more