Windy City Blend

Black Green Oolong Blend
Autumn Leaf Pile, Caramel, Roasted, Cream, Strawberry
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “Another one from *Sil*! And it's another multiple base tea, although this one is black/green/oolong. Interesting... The leaves are quite large, and I can see all three kinds. The oolong in here is...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 833 tasting notes
  • “Part of a generous sampler I received from *Sil*! Okay - any time I see blends and realize they are a mixture of tea types I get so nervous. I mean, black and oolong and green? What am I...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 829 tasting notes
  • “This was another tea from yesterday - you'll have to wait for a proper review, but this has jasmine in it...and i still bought it. and it taste like NOT JASMINE, so that makes me happy...instead...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

What a gentle treat for the body and soul! A delicious whirlwind of flavor composed of seven sweet teas.

Ingredients: Black Tea, Green Tea, Oolong Tea, osmanthus blossoms, sunflower, jasmine, rose blossoms, strawberry leaves, strawberry caramel, vanilla bits, and natural flavor.

About TeaGschwendner View company

Another one from Sil! And it’s another multiple base tea, although this one is black/green/oolong. Interesting… The leaves are quite large, and I can see all three kinds. The oolong in here is definitely an oxidized and unrolled variety, though I don’t smell any roastiness to speak of. Dry scent is vaguely caramel-y.

I can definitely smell a touch of roast in the steeped tea, as well as the oolong itself and strawberry and caramel flavors. Hm, this kind of just tastes like a generic roasted oolong with not a lot of distinguishing characteristics. I’m not picking up on much flavoring either, maybe a tiny hint of caramel. Sad panda.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Caramel, Roasted

Part of a generous sampler I received from Sil!

Okay – any time I see blends and realize they are a mixture of tea types I get so nervous. I mean, black and oolong and green? What am I supposed to do about temperature? And strawberry, caramel, and jasmine? What a combination – I was curious to see what the final result would be.

I ended up going with an oolong temp (195) and black steep time (4 minutes) and came up with a light liquor that looks a lot like dan cong oolongs do, so kind of light amber. The scent is all strawberry and caramel/vanilla. I can never bring myself to add anything to oolong or green teas, so this is going to be a plain tasting.

And, surprisingly, it reminds me of the strawberry shortcake blend from DAVIDsTEA. Weird, especially because that’s a black tea I always had with milk and sugar, and this tea manages to have a strawberry and cream quality without any additions.

Yes, I quite like this, though I do think its more of an afternoon than a breakfast tea. But it’s a cold morning here so any warm beverage is appreciated…and this, I’m sure won’t be the last tasting note for me today. :)

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Strawberry

Glad you enjoyed it….I wasn’t to sure about it but figured it was the chicago blend so I had to get it!

Kittenna

Interesting. I also shy away from blended tea types (well, when green is involved, primarily). Glad it worked!

This was another tea from yesterday – you’ll have to wait for a proper review, but this has jasmine in it…and i still bought it. and it taste like NOT JASMINE, so that makes me happy…instead it’s more strawberry caramel vanilla, hello! :) so nyah!

Final Count: 87