China Wuyuan Jasmine - 536

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sarah

From TeaGschwendner

This bold Jasmine handiwork is the specialty of producers in the northern highlands of Jiangxi Province. The base of Chun Mee Green Tea provides a bold canvas for the enduring bouquet of fresh Jasmine. A golden, lively cup that is sure to inspire your confidence and compliments.

About TeaGschwendner View company

The company calls this a “bold jasmine handiwork.” I don’t think “bold” fits. The jasmine is noticeable, but the green tea flavour is strong and dominates it. I really love jasmine, and want jasmine teas to be pretty strongly floral. This tea is very green, and although the jasmine is clearly present, it’s not a satisfactorily significant element. The last jasmine I drank before trying this was Kusmi’s, and I think that was way better.

There’s nothing unpleasant about this tea, and it smells and tastes pleasant, but for those looking for an assertive jasmine taste, this tea isn’t so good. I’d recommend it for something like a worn out Sunday afternoon cup of tea, when I’d wanted more of a hot, strongly blossom-y morning cup.

Good if you like the aroma and taste of jasmine. The green tea base is subtle, but I find the jasmine taste to be dominant. Leaves a flowery aftertaste until I drink something else. Still, an enjoyable cup and one that should be sampled.

Amazing… but too much caffeine for me.

I find it refreshing! This could be easily one of my favorites.