Chocolate Chai

Cardamon, Clove, Cocoa, Spices, Dark Chocolate, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Rie
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

From TeaGuys

A decadent treat of antioxidant-rich rooibos, real chocolate and balancing spices. Smooth and delicious, this naturally caffeine free blend is great on its own or try with steamed milk as a latte.

cocoa beans, organic rooibos, organic honeybush, chicory, ginger, barley, chocolate flakes, cinnamon, black pepper, natural flavors, cardamom

Steeping Suggestions

• 1 ½ tsp. of whole leaf tea
  • 8 oz. of boiling (212°) water
  • steep for 5 minutes

About TeaGuys View company

I really like this one.
I used 2tsp in a 12oz cup, but I didn’t fill it all the way, knowing I’d be adding milk. I steeped for 5 minutes in boiling water.
There is a definite chocolate thing going on here, and the mouth feel almost borders on a coffee thickness (this could be because I used half & half in my tea instead of just milk…. ). Being a chai, I also added raw sugar to this, and it’s delicious.
I’ve had my fair share of chai roobios, and I have to say that this one would be right there in my top faves. The cocoa element is really nice (like real cocoa nibs), and the cardamom rushing to the front is appreciated.
Another great rooibos from Tea Guys. :)

ETA: Second steep is still really yummy. I think I added a little too much sugar (need to remember that for next time), but other than that, I’m really liking this cup. The spices are more subdued in this resteep, but there is still a chocolate flavour happening. I really like this one!
Ok….back to my Ms. Marvel Vol. 1… I read the whole volume today in one sitting, and now I’m rereading it. This comic makes me feel SO EXCITED for the future of comics, as a woman, a mother of two girls, and as a fan of great writing and fantastic artwork. Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel…. man, I really love comics sometimes. :)

Flavors: Cardamon, Clove, Cocoa, Spices

This isn’t bad, but it isn’t great, either. It isn’t at all sweet, which is nice to find in a chocolate tea. There’s a definite chocolate flavor – kind of more of a scent and an aftertaste than a flavor, but it’s there. Unfortunately, other than that, all I really taste is ginger, and all the flavors are kind of weak. I brewed as recommended, but I’ll try using more tea next time to see if that helps. It is definitely warming in feel, and I do give it points for not having an artificial flavor. But it just doesn’t thrill me.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Ginger