Lapsang Souchong (Organic)

Edit tea info Last updated by gramarye1971

From Teaism

An ORGANIC, assertive, tarry tea with pine smokiness from China. Great for cooking!

About Teaism View company

So I lost this elaborate post I just wrote…so I’m going to just gloss over it because I’m lazy and want to hurry and get to my newly arrived Samovar order! Basically I’m going to say that I was scared, but drank it anyway. It wasn’t bad, and I’m glad I tried it.

I think it’s just too far from the flavors I’m going for lately. It’s very forceful and savory, while I’m tending to like sweet and complex. I know that quality could have something to do with it, but I think it’s something I would have liked more when I was more into black tea anyway.

Honestly, and I know that it’s not necessarily the case with all Lapsangs, all I could get from the smell was “bologna”…Being a vegetarian I haven’t had bologna in about 10 years, so I suppose I could be wrong, maybe a hot dog, but it was pretty distinct. The taste was black tea with hints of bologna…>__

Eee! Samovar!

I was going to write more, but…Samovar!

Hahaha! I always love to see what meat/smokey taste comes out of Lapsang. I’ve seen ham, pulled, pork, roast beef. And now bologna! Very interesting indeed.

I never thought of adding honey. That might be a good idea, since I didn’t have such a great time with my first lapsang.

Not as assertive as some types of Lapsang Souchong — tastes better when allowed to cool to an easily drinkable temperature. May be a good introduction for those who are not accustomed to drinking the smokier Lapsangs out there.