Golden Dragon

Earth, Malt, Rosehips
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

From Teaism

This slightly hand-rolled leaf has many gold tips, with a mild spicy taste that’s truly rare! Lower in caffeine for a black. From Guangxi Province in China.

About Teaism View company

Traveling again! A quick two-day trip this time. I am in DC and got up way earlier than I needed to this morning because the friend I’m staying with had to be at work way earlier than I can arrive at the museum. The place where we had breakfast didn’t have any tea, but lucky for me this tea shop is very near the museum.

I’ve never had a golden dragon tea before, though if it’s Chinese and has “golden” in the name I’ll try it. This is pretty tasty. I can feel the energy slowly flowing into my body as I sip it. It’s a bit malty with a kind of earthy note toward the end of the sip. As I drink more its definitely reminding me of some kind of black tea-puerh hybrid. Not entirely my thing, but decently tasty nonetheless.

Enjoy D.C.!!

This is one the my friend picked from the shop outside the Capital.

The taste was very earth and lacked the chocolate tones of the monkey counterpart. This brew had a more malt and spice taste rather than smooth and dessert like. It also carries a light rose hip flavor which was strange. I did enjoy this, but I mostly stuck to my Golden Monkey :)

Flavors: Earth, Malt, Rosehips

Hints of chocolate and rose-hip, interesting. would you say these flavours went well together?

Actually this one lacked the chocolate tone. The Golden Monkey variety had a stronger tone. This had a slight hint of chocolate but was mostly earth, malt and rose-hips. It flowed very nicely. The rose-hip flavor was prominent in the aftertaste.