Tropical Mango

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by teajoteas

• “Sip down! Iced, of course - this mango tea makes for a great iced tea! Nice base and lovely mango flavor. Uggg, hopefully now I can get the motivation to go to the post office to mail hot...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1011 tasting notes
  • “My teenage daughter says, "I'm not an expert like you Mom, but this tea tastes really good." That's a few minutes after steeping with the water having cooled, and zero sweetener. Yep, it's a tasty...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1107 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Thanks to *Sil* (and indirectly, Piccolo at Teajo Teas) for a sample of this tea. I opted to request a sample of the straight assam (which is brewed up and ready to review beside me), so...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2225 tasting notes
  • “Wow, this tea is intense (in a good way!) Thanks so much to Piccolo and Teajo for the sample! I love the deep rich assam with the assertive mango flavor. I am enjoying it hot but I'm sure it will...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 835 tasting notes

From Teajo Teas

One of our most popular black teas is a blend of whole leaf black tea with natural mango flavor, safflower and orange peel! This tropical refresher makes the perfect iced tea!

Tea Type/Origin
The black tea in this blend is single estate and originates from a garden in Northern India known for producing full-bodied tea.
Full leaf lack tea, natural mango flavor, tea flowers, safflower and orange peel.
Brewing
Brew 1 teaspoon loose tea in hot water (180 – 212˚F) for 3 minutes.

About Teajo Teas View company

Sample thanks to Sil! I’ve delayed tasting some of the wonderful teas in Sil’s generous swap because the ideal time for me to try them (afternoon) is usually eaten up in caring duties. (I’ll go so far as to bring some tea with me, but nothing special or hard to obtain!) Today should have been a day I didn’t have to spend the afternoon there but ended up having to, so I decided to try one before going up – but one that Sil didn’t much like, so as not to waste it by rushing. There’s method to my apparent irrationality! I think?

Was a bit surprised this didn’t get boiling water, but followed the instructions, not expecting too much. And at first I thought the tea wasn’t good, but it grew on me as I sipped on (possibly as it cooled). The black base is quite nice, and the mango flavour is being held against Yumchaa’s Mango Sunrise and a mango tea I got around here, both of which are very superior mango teas indeed. Teajo website says it’s natural flavour, and I think the slightly artificial whiff I was getting at first was in fact the orange peel, which was giving a slightly bitter note. (Orange peel has its place, most definitely, but I don’t think this is it.) It’s not going to surpass either of my other mango teas (both greens, admittedly!), but I’m glad to have got to find that out, and will also try it cold. Thanks again to Sil for the chance to try it!

lol i love it “sil didn’t like it much so i’ll try that one”

And another free sample I got in my PO box over spring break. Thanks Teajo Teas~ Samples are always appreciated, especially big ones.

Now does anyone else on here have the adagio ingeniTEA? Its the only teapot I have, but I find that it has a tendency to spill my tea all over the place if I accidentally place it at an unfortunate angle, even on level surfaces. Its a useful thing so I can forgive the occasional mishap, but if anyone has any tips I’d appreciate it.

So yeah, I did make two cups of this, but I lost about half of that to unfortunate angling. Alas and forsooth.

Anyways, this is a pretty good tea~ Dry, it almost smells sort of alcoholic. Which is weird, but goes away when steeped. This reminds me a bit of the Pom Tango in that its got a very strong, juicy mango flavor. Like drinking warm mango juice. The black tea base is also pretty good here. I’ve said it before, normally I don’t like black tea, but this is some quality stuff. I’ll definitely be ordering this some time in the future.

Kittenna

Awesome! I snagged some of this on the weekend (I personally ordered Black Manas) and am eager to try it!

First impressions! Peachiness. Mango and peach are sister fruits, and here I could have sworn this was a peach-based blend by the smell alone. In fact, this particular peach smell is exactly like strep throat medicine, right down to the alcoholic astringency at its core. If I had been sniffing this stuff in a store, I’d have put it right back on the shelf.

In the cup, however, poof! For the full review, go here: http://snooteablog.com/2013/03/17/spring-break-special-teajos-mango-assam/

First off, thanks for the generous sample!
I really enjoyed this tea – mango is one of my favourite fruits so I am always on the lookout for anything featuring it! I haven’t tried it hot yet and to be honest I may not, because it is really good iced! I found the mango flavour authentic and the base was definitely still present. A tea-loving coworker smelled it and guessed correctly that it was mango, which I think it pretty impressive!

I’ll definitely be taking a second look at this company because I was very happy with this sample :)

Firstly, thanks Teajo teas for the huge sample!!!!
When I got this tea home I just wanted to open it up and try it. Upon opening the sample the smell is very powerful….but not too overwhelming. You can actually smell the tea and the mango quite clearly. I am in no way a huge fruity tea fan, but this smelled very appealing.
It steeped to a nice darkish liquor(followed directions on sample). And it tasted really good. Very mango/fruity as well as the assam came through very nicely. Even my wife who was sitting beside me had to have a taste because it smelled so great.

A tasty tea for sure and one of only a few fruity teas I like.

Thank you for the generous sample, Teajo Teas!

Although black teas aren’t my favorite, there are a few fruit-flavored black tea blends that I really enjoy. I was very excited to try this tea – Tropical Mango with an Assam base. Sounds promising!

As soon as I opened the sample, I was greeted with a strong but pleasant fruity smell. I don’t know what mangoes smell like, but I thought this tea smelled like a peach.

After brewing, this tea still smells very strong and fruity. It’s a strongly flavored fruit tea with a smooth and malty black tea base. I could easily taste the black tea through the flavoring.

This is a high-quality tea, but unfortunately it’s not for me. I would prefer it more if the flavoring and black tea base were more subtle. It’s possible this tea would be more to my taste as an iced tea. I’ll try it that way next month!

I received this a free sample for Teajo…And, I should say that it was a really generous sample! It just so happened that I consumed an entire fresh mango late last night. This morning I decided it would be a great time to sample while I had mango on my mind. The tea has a really wonderful aroma, quite mango-y. It is really smooth and light in flavor. The Mango flavor is distinguishable and tasty. I enjoyed it plain/hot and sweetened/hot. I also enjoyed a glass iced very much! I’m glad that I still have enough left for several servings:).

this tea is very good, drank it black. I often get annoyed with flavored teas because either they just smell chemically and/or the “flavor” totally overpowers the tea(and often doesn’t even taste like it’s supposed taste). Teajo Tea’s Tropical Mango did not do this, it smells so amazingly fresh and real, but upon drinking it tastes like bold tea with a background of fruit flavor, much more to my liking.