Dark Chocolate Dream

Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Em

• “Definitely one of the better chocolate teas I’ve tried—I don’t know why chocolate is so hard to get right with tea. Dark, intense chocolate seems especially tricky, but this does...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “I love chocolate, especially in the form of a dark chocolate piece of candy, but I haven’t been that impressed with the few chocolate teas I’ve tried. Since Teajo offers well priced...” Read full tasting note
    djahls 166 tasting notes
  • “The tea itself is a little bitter, but so is dark chocolate, so I think it works. I added milk and a bit of sugar and it is delicious. I always find hot chocolate sickeningly sweet, so this is a...” Read full tasting note
    EmiCreech 207 tasting notes
  • “Taking a break from my morning black tea sipdown (Rose with French Vanilla by Dilmah) to try one of my newest teas. Definitely need caffeine today. A dive trip and a cancelled flight home leading...” Read full tasting note
    KKpeltzer 212 tasting notes

From Teajo Teas

If you are a chocolate lover, we have a treat for you! Our Dark Chocolate Dream is a smooth and delicious blend of natural dark chocolate, cacao and whole leaf black tea.

About Teajo Teas View company

Definitely one of the better chocolate teas I’ve tried—I don’t know why chocolate is so hard to get right with tea. Dark, intense chocolate seems especially tricky, but this does a decent job. It smells deep dark chocolate-y, but tastes more like milk chocolate, and is very smooth. For some reason I feel like I can smell a whiff of mint, like it’s a dark peppermint patty or those Andes after dinner mints. No idea why, but it’s quite pleasant. Excellent for PMS jonesing, I reckon. This and Raspberry Chocolate Bark have been lovely introductions to Teajo’s dessert teas.

I love chocolate, especially in the form of a dark chocolate piece of candy, but I haven’t been that impressed with the few chocolate teas I’ve tried. Since Teajo offers well priced generous samples, I included this one in my order. I’m glad I did. The sample is enough for 10-12 cups, allowing me to experiment. I prepared this in several ways, and it was great in each case. I had it straight and then with sweetener. Then I made it double strength, added sweetener and a splash of 1/2 and 1/2 and used my frother to make a warm latte. Not quite as satisfying as a piece of chocolate, but really quite good. I haven’t been disappointed by Teajo so far-the quality and service have been excellent. I would like to see them offer a few more unflavored Indian black teas as well-they have only one at this time, and it is good, but I love to try new black teas and have not had much experience with Indian teas.

teajoteas

Really appreciate the feedback on the teas and will probably be adding more unflavored, which seems to be quite popular with many tea drinkers.

The tea itself is a little bitter, but so is dark chocolate, so I think it works. I added milk and a bit of sugar and it is delicious. I always find hot chocolate sickeningly sweet, so this is a fantastic alternative for nights when you want something sweet and chocolate-y or days when you need a pick-me-up.

Definitely need caffeine today. A dive trip and a cancelled flight home leading to staying overnight in the Baltimore airport have made it very difficult for me to wake up let alone get some productive studying accomplished. On to the tea -

The dry leaf smells pleasant and it’s fun to see the cacao pieces in it. You can see the little bits of cornflower too. The liquid is a light brown. Smells less pleasant than the dry leaf. Taste is interesting. I do currently have a bit of a cold/allergy thing going on and maybe the start of an ear infection due to diving. I don’t taste the chocolate until the back of the sip (if that makes any sense), even then I seem to find myself wishing for more. The addition of sugar seems to round out the sip. I believe I am tasting the black tea base. For a black tea, for me, this is enjoyable. It is a bit bitter but most black teas do seem that way to me. I don’t know what cornflower tastes like so I cannot pick it out.
I do not have milk in the house but I feel that it would be a good addition for this one, maybe even make this tea into a latte. I will hold off rating until these cold symptoms pass.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

This was pretty good. Strong chocolate taste, but gotta watch steeping time because my first try was bitter. My second try with shorter steep time was not bitter and more enjoyable.

Thanks so much Marzipan for a sample of this tea!

Ehh, not my favorite chocolate tea ever. Not rich enough! Not bad though. I drank the cup with no problem, but I don’t think I’ll be purchasing any in the future. My favorite Teajo tea is the tropical mango. OH MAN it is SO GOOD iced!

A very good chocolate tea, and one that surprised me a bit. Chocolate is so hard to get right in tea, and this is still lacking something for me… maybe it’s the slight bitterness in the cup, even after steeping at less than the recommended time. It’s still very good though – like a liquid brownie, depending on the sip.

Flavors: Chocolate