Dark Chocolate Mint

Green Tea
Cocoa, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by teajoteas

• “Why did I assume that Dark Chocolate Mint = black tea? This was a lovely surprise, the sencha. Brews up to a very light greenish yellow color. The smell is lovely out of the bag, and changes a...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 932 tasting notes
  • “Thanks MissB for a sample of this one :) I actually found myself looking for a green tea yesterday morning... not a usual thing for me as blacks are my normal morning tea. I went looking through...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 107 tasting notes
  • “I'm used to seeing choco-mint teas with a black base, so this one really surprised me when I opened the bag to find fluffy green sencha in the pouch... It goes delightfully well with the flavours,...” Read full tasting note
    Pyroxy 111 tasting notes
  • “I made the best mistake with this tea the other when I forgot about it for 15 minutes. Instead of turning into a nasty vegetable mouth wash it decided to become awesome instead- finally...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 447 tasting notes

From Teajo Teas

Each sip of this delicious green tea gives you a burst of refreshing peppermint along with a bite of dark chocolate!

Tea Type/Origin
Sencha (green tea) direct from Chinese tea growers.

Sencha, cacao, peppermint, natural flavors.

Brewing
Brew 1 teaspoon loose tea in hot water (165-180˚F) for 3 minutes.

Servings
2 oz. = up to 25 cups.
sample = 10 cups.

About Teajo Teas View company

Brews up to a very light greenish yellow color. The smell is lovely out of the bag, and changes a bit to something more chemical after brewing. Drinking it reminds me a bit of the smell of the chemicals used to check the pH of a swimming pool. Sweetened with a bit of Truvia, it loses some of the chemical flavor, however I’m getting little cacao, just a hint of mint.

Going to avoid rating this before playing around with it a bit more.

Thanks MissB for a sample of this one :)

I actually found myself looking for a green tea yesterday morning… not a usual thing for me as blacks are my normal morning tea. I went looking through my samples and snagged this one… mint sounded good too.

Dry leaf smells like mint and bitter chocolate.. Not sure I would call it dark chocolate.

Steeped this is light and refreshing, but I had a hard time finding the chocolate… Mostly mint here like you would get in mint choc.chip ice cream, but not amazingly so, with just enough green base coming through.

I’m used to seeing choco-mint teas with a black base, so this one really surprised me when I opened the bag to find fluffy green sencha in the pouch…

It goes delightfully well with the flavours, though – there’s just a little bite of mint at the end of each sip and the chocolate is delightfully polite; it weaves in around the vegetal green notes without becoming overwhelming.

This is a delightfully light tea that dances just along the border of what I’d consider a dessert green. It’s an interesting cup that I really do enjoy while working on the computer, so it’s one I’ll likely buy again.

I made the best mistake with this tea the other when I forgot about it for 15 minutes. Instead of turning into a nasty vegetable mouth wash it decided to become awesome instead- finally capitalizing on the full powers of dark leafy mint.

Now I always steep it longer than I’d dare with any other green.. I’ve been reading too much of a certain series lately, and every time I write “green” I simultaneously think “lots of warders”. Not impressed with myself and life decisions right now.

This isn’t fancy, and has the cocoa pieces I’m so skeptical of, but it’s usually comfy and sometimes that’s all I really want anyways.

EDIT: I think my roommate really liked this one too, despite the long steep. She’s a huge After Eight fan.

Flavors: Cocoa

Suziqzer

Don’t you love it when you mess up.. and then it only makes it better ?!?!

Stephanie