Dark Chocolate Mint

Green Tea
Cocoa, Mint, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by teajoteas

From Teajo Teas

Each sip of this delicious green tea gives you a burst of refreshing peppermint along with a bite of dark chocolate!

Tea Type/Origin
Sencha (green tea) direct from Chinese tea growers.

Sencha, cacao, peppermint, natural flavors.

Brew 1 teaspoon loose tea in hot water (165-180˚F) for 3 minutes.

2 oz. = up to 25 cups.
sample = 10 cups.

About Teajo Teas View company

Why did I assume that Dark Chocolate Mint = black tea? This was a lovely surprise, the sencha.

Brews up to a very light greenish yellow color. The smell is lovely out of the bag, and changes a bit to something more chemical after brewing. Drinking it reminds me a bit of the smell of the chemicals used to check the pH of a swimming pool. Sweetened with a bit of Truvia, it loses some of the chemical flavor, however I’m getting little cacao, just a hint of mint.

Going to avoid rating this before playing around with it a bit more.

Thanks MissB for a sample of this one :)

I actually found myself looking for a green tea yesterday morning… not a usual thing for me as blacks are my normal morning tea. I went looking through my samples and snagged this one… mint sounded good too.

Dry leaf smells like mint and bitter chocolate.. Not sure I would call it dark chocolate.

Steeped this is light and refreshing, but I had a hard time finding the chocolate… Mostly mint here like you would get in mint choc.chip ice cream, but not amazingly so, with just enough green base coming through.

Green tea with mint flavor, and a chocolate flavor as an aftertaste. A combination that works well!

I get mint from the dry leaf and the first few sips of the liquid. I’m having a hard time finding the chocolate in the cup. There is something teasing the edges of the mint. There ends up being a gentle chocolate taste towards the very bottom of the cup. Interesting tea!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Definitely more mint than chocolate. I couldn’t taste the chocolate till after sipping, more like an aftertaste? The leaf totally puffed up in steeping, I was a little worried it’d taste horrible because I had too much leaf but it was alright. Not going to be one of my favorite teas so far but it’s not bad. Not really what I was looking for right now, need something sweeter…

This was different in a good way. Green tea with chocolate and mint is a surprising yet successful combination. This is more mint heavy, with the chocolate delicately in the background. It’s still there, it’s just more there for support than for taking center stage. Another yummy chocolate mint tea.
Thanks MissB for this one too!

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m used to seeing choco-mint teas with a black base, so this one really surprised me when I opened the bag to find fluffy green sencha in the pouch…

It goes delightfully well with the flavours, though – there’s just a little bite of mint at the end of each sip and the chocolate is delightfully polite; it weaves in around the vegetal green notes without becoming overwhelming.

This is a delightfully light tea that dances just along the border of what I’d consider a dessert green. It’s an interesting cup that I really do enjoy while working on the computer, so it’s one I’ll likely buy again.

I made the best mistake with this tea the other when I forgot about it for 15 minutes. Instead of turning into a nasty vegetable mouth wash it decided to become awesome instead- finally capitalizing on the full powers of dark leafy mint.

Now I always steep it longer than I’d dare with any other green.. I’ve been reading too much of a certain series lately, and every time I write “green” I simultaneously think “lots of warders”. Not impressed with myself and life decisions right now.

This isn’t fancy, and has the cocoa pieces I’m so skeptical of, but it’s usually comfy and sometimes that’s all I really want anyways.

EDIT: I think my roommate really liked this one too, despite the long steep. She’s a huge After Eight fan.

Flavors: Cocoa, Mint

Don’t you love it when you mess up.. and then it only makes it better ?!?!

I like happy accidents