Cranberry Chai

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by teajoteas

• “I tried this several ways and have decided I prefer it sweetened and cold, which is how I'm drinking it now. It's definitely fruity with just a bit of spice and doesn't taste artificial, but I...” Read full tasting note
    djahls 163 tasting notes
  • “I was a little hesitant to cold steep a chai, but I added a some agave syrup and then put it in the fridge over night and it came out delicious and "even" tasting. I'm notoriously bad at heating...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 447 tasting notes

From Teajo Teas

Spice up your holiday feast with this zesty blend of Assam tea, natural cranberry flavor and natural spices!

Tea Type/Origin
The black tea in this blend is single estate and originates from a garden in Assam, a region known for producing high quality, full-bodied tea.
Full leaf black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, star anise, black pepper, natural extracts and natural flavors.

About Teajo Teas View company

I tried this several ways and have decided I prefer it sweetened and cold, which is how I’m drinking it now. It’s definitely fruity with just a bit of spice and doesn’t taste artificial, but I can’t identify specifically that it’s cranberry. Warm is not bad, but cold is best. With milk added, the flavors become too subdued for my taste, even when made double strength. When I ordered this, I had in mind a nice warm autumn type chai for a chilly day, but instead, I really think it is best as a refreshing cold drink any time of year.

LiberTEAS

Yes, that is what I would think of with a name like Cranberry Chai – a very autumnal tea – perfect for drinking hot on a cold day!

I was a little hesitant to cold steep a chai, but I added a some agave syrup and then put it in the fridge over night and it came out delicious and “even” tasting. I’m notoriously bad at heating up chais so having all the flavours come through like this, without something being too weak or too strong, is a rarity.

I don’t specifically taste cranberry. It’s more of a backdrop; like a dab of cranberry jam on a hulking big slice of turkey. I think the agave helped bring it out more than it would’ve naturally been. The most dominant spice is the cardamom, which also adds to that tart sweet flavour.

I just wish I had some sweetened condensed milk, or a little umbrella thing with some pineapple slices. It tastes a little like that.