Raspberry Chocolate Bark

Berries, Chocolate, Cocoa
Edit tea info Last updated by TheTeaFairy

• “*Happy New Year to all of you!* (Better late than never!) The past few days, it seems that every time I'm about to sit, relax, and enjoy some time on Steepster, something happens! Today was...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 175 tasting notes
  • “When I saw TeaFairy's review, I realized I hadn't posted anything on Raspberry Chocolate Bark,though I've had it on the shelf for a few months. Since TeaFairy did a great job of describing it, I...” Read full tasting note
    djahls 163 tasting notes
  • “Somehow I mixed this and Della Terra's Peppermint Bark up together. How? Uh.. I dunno, because they taste quite different from one another. It smells perfectly of raspberry chocolate in the bag...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 944 tasting notes
  • “I received this from *MissB's* tea stash sale. Thank you! This was quite the treat! This tasted like my favorite raspberry hot chocolate without the guilt!. This was a little week, but I...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 199 tasting notes

From Teajo Teas

The black tea in this blend is single estate and originates from a garden in Assam, a region known for producing high quality, full-bodied tea.

Ingredients:
Full leaf black tea, cornflower, cacao chips and natural flavors.

Brewing:
Brew 1 teaspoon loose tea in hot water (212˚F) for 3 minutes.

About Teajo Teas View company

Happy New Year to all of you! (Better late than never!)

The past few days, it seems that every time I’m about to sit, relax, and enjoy some time on Steepster, something happens! Today was no exception… As I was prepared to write this review I heard a loud weird and abnormal sound… looked out the window…and saw chaos! Our supposedly 4 season solarium had just collapsed under the snow! What a mess! What can I say, it’s been snowing every second day around here since the beginning of December, we just can’t keep up with it!!! On a positive note, we’ve been having lots of fun playing outside during the holidays and it makes us feel very cozy inside!

So, finally, my review of this tea. Since it wasn’t on Steepster yet, I’ve just added it with Teajo’s permission and will be the first one to review on it.

The smell of the dry blend is mesmerizing, yum, so berry-chocolaty! Very promising, my hopes are very high! But I try to keep expectations at a reasonable level, disappointment is often following olfactory ecstasy. Got to keep it real folks!

I steeped as recommended. Wow, heavenly aroma, couldn’t wait for it to cool down! I’ve tried many raspberry teas from larger flavoured tea retailers, and for me, something is always either missing, or shouldn’t be there. But I’m happy to say my quest for the perfect one is officially over, this one is the bomb!

This tea is hands down the best raspberry tea I’ve ever had! And so naturally tasting that is. I’m a big fan of raspberries, I could eat them all the time. To all raspberry tea lovers out there
(and I know there’s quite a few here) I’m telling you people, you have got to try this one!

You know what I like the most about it? It tastes exactly what I spent my money on: a black tea, complimented by raspberry and chocolate flavourings. Bonus: all natural! There. Could it be any simpler than that? Apparently, it is not that simple cause I don’t know how many times I have had flavoured teas not tasting what they were advertised for.

This one is done just right!

Real raspberries are sweet, but a little tart at the same time. I get some of that!

Chocolate is expected to add some decadent twist to the cup. I get some of that!

But what strikes me the most is the tea base. I get lots of that! The richness of full body and fresh full leaf Assam! I am totally under its spell!

See, what I like the most about tea is…tea! I will enjoy a good dessert tea once in a while, but too often, I can’t even identify what the tea base is, cause, well, it’s completely overwhelmed by the other stuff…I understand that there’s a market for that, and that people enjoy having those «desserts» minus the calories. I do too, I have plenty of them in my cupboard! But to me, it’s such a reward when I find the flavours I expect to find, with no fuss, just the bare essence of it.

Teajo seem to care a lot about the ingredients they put in their teas, and they seem to have an understanding of what differentiates a good flavoured tea from superior one: the tea itself !

I’m glad I was able to discover them through their big Thanksgiving sale, I am very impressed so far by their products, but also by their personalized customer service. Thank you Piccolo :-) I will be a returning customer…later that is, I do have to drink tons of tea I already have and keep up on New Years resolution to spend less on tea orders… (no worries, I never keep my resolutions!)

Bonnie

Missed your voice here…glad you found your perfect raspberry chocolate and that it’s NATURAL!

TheTeaFairy

Thanks Bonnie! You know me by now, right? Life happens, I disappear for a while, but I always come back… Missed you too :-)

mmmmm i’ll have to put this on my wish list to try out!

Donna A

TeaFairy, i have enjoyed the Teajo teas I’ve had including this one. They do a good job, and now offer a good deal on 10-12 cup samples.

Indigobloom

wow now I have another shop on my list!! this sounds heavenly

TheTeaFairy

Sil, I know tastes are very personal, but I’m pretty sure this one could win you over!

TheTeaFairy

@Donna: Also love a retailer that will let you purchase samples at a decent price! Hate being stuck with a 3 oz pouch of tea that I don’t like!

@Indigobloom: I’m actually surprised that this company is not more present here on Steepster. I really liked the teas I’ve tried so far, very fresh and natural tasting :-)

Tea fairy – it was one of the teas I was going to pick up on Black Friday but sadly something else came up. After this review I’m going to make sure it’s on my list to pick up once I place another order heh

Cissystix

I love a good raspberry anything and a little chocolate with it is even better. Your review has inspired me to order some of this one to try!

TheTeaFairy

Cissystix, you will probably enjoy it then :-)

Donna A

@Teafairy-I thought the same thing when I first started ordering from Teajo-why not more of a presence on Steepster? I have had several of their teas now and not a bad one in the bunch-their teas do taste fresh and natural. Offering well-priced samples was a good move on their part which may increase new customers for them. I’ve noticed that the companies that have a strong presence on Steepster usually not only have good teas, but also know how to get the spotlight on their offerings through samples, sales, free shipping offers, etc. With all the online tea companies out there, it can be overwhelming for someone new with tea.

When I saw TeaFairy’s review, I realized I hadn’t posted anything on Raspberry Chocolate Bark,though I’ve had it on the shelf for a few months. Since TeaFairy did a great job of describing it, I can’t add much more. I’ve tried several Teajo flavored black teas, and the fact that their single estate Assam base is good and is not overwhelmed by the flavors makes for a great cup of tea. Chocolate and raspberry go hand in hand beautifully in desserts, and the same goes for this tea, making it a very satisfying dessert tea. I’ve found that their teas are excellent hot or cold. You can get 10 cup samples for $2.95, giving the opportunity to trying several flavors. Their teas are organic as well.

TheTeaFairy

Donna, you are right about hot or cold:-) When I have my pot of tea at night, if I’m trying a new tea, I always keep some for the next morning to see how it compares as an iced tea. This one was delicious, more raspberry emerged. It will be interesting to try a cold brew eventually. I’m thinking it will turn out more fruity and less chocolaty that way. I’m also liking their Lemon ginger Sencha, so refreshing as an iced tea!

Indigobloom

organic… that is great!! this sounds really tasty

teajoteas

This seems to be a trend with many of our Assam based teas, that the flavoring really comes out when you ice it. The tea itself has a bold flavor whether iced or hot, but anything added gets emphasized when chilled.

GiggleGoddess

@teajoteas I’ll have to keep this in mind when I place an order to try it chilled. I’ve only been doing hot tea lately.

Somehow I mixed this and Della Terra’s Peppermint Bark up together. How? Uh.. I dunno, because they taste quite different from one another.

It smells perfectly of raspberry chocolate in the bag and brewed. Drinking it alone, with zero additions, left me desiring something more though. It’s really, really dry. I get the cacao in here, which adds to the dryness, but this is a bit extreme for me. Some Truvia makes it more creamy, much less dry, and I can taste the raspberry more, especially a few seconds after the sip. My mouth is literally so dry now though, I’m challenged to really enjoy this cup at all. I can also taste the base a lot more than before.

I received this from MissB’s tea stash sale. Thank you!

This was quite the treat! This tasted like my favorite raspberry hot chocolate without the guilt!. This was a little week, but I blame that on my under leafing. I will try this again with a tad more leaf, milk and sugar for a yummy dessert.

Yvonne

This sounds delectable – I wish I could taste it!

This came my way as part of the Pageant of Winter Teas – thanks, Piccolo!

Opening this package was like unpacking a stocking on Christmas morning. The dark chocolate and plant-based raspberry flavoring work beautifully together to bring to life one of my favorite holiday treats! I didn’t really taste the base as much as some of the other reviewers (different steeping methods?), but the chocolately-goodness of this blend more than made up for it!

You can read the full review here:

4/5 (see my bio for more info on my new pared down scale)

This is a damn fine dessert flavored tea, I must say. Lately I’ve been lukewarm about that category in general because of the weather and my growing exposure to premium pure tea leaves, greens, and oolongs (what a wonderful spring and summer of discovery it’s been—thanks Steepster!), but I’m PMSing like whoa (guess what I thought would be a good lunch today? A bowl of potato chips and a square of dark chocolate…after I ate it I was like “ohhhhh so THAT’s why I’ve been so cranky and teary lately” duh!) and every other sample from Teajo I’ve tried so far has been great so…and yeah, as with all the others I’m very impressed. The aroma and flavor is strong, present, but never fake or chemical tasting, with lovely balance between sweet-tart berry and thick bold chocolate, yum. Furthermore the tea base is very decent (not always the case with sweet flavored teas!), assertive enough to hold its own and not get lost in the shuffle without being harsh, bitter, or so bold as to clash with or distract from the flavoring. As it’s not wimpy, it also handles additions well—I splashed my second cup with a bit of almond milk and that was delicious too.

Pretty smooth, rich stuff. Definitely evokes desserts with this flavor combo (one of my absolute favorites by the way, especially since usually when raspberry’s put in chocolate desserts it’s a given the chocolate’s going to be the deep dark kind, stuff like flourless cakes and tortes, YUM)—right down to a sort of luscious, berry jam mouthfeel. The best raspberry chocolate tea I’ve tried for sure, and I’ve a feeling it’ll be hard to top.

I cold steeped this last night, and I honestly wasn’t expecting much from it.

Now I am eating my preconceived notions as I sip away at this magical something that tastes like dark chocolate raspberry truffles and liqueur. This teas is so satisfying and better than what I deserve right now (I need to get myself working).

I’m not sure if the deliciousness will carry through on a hot steep but this iced beverage is top class.

Flavors: Berries, Chocolate, Cocoa

Iced
keychange

aww, not better than you deserve. We all need an unexpectedly refreshing and delicious cup.

CrowKettle

Thanks, keychange! I feel like I’m rewarding myself for being unproductive with this one.

It’s beautiful. What else to say? Tehe… I made a whole pot of it. I’ll probably be up to like 3am, but NO REGRETS.

I kept putting trying this one off because I actually bought a full 2oz without trying it first based on recs, BUT had been disappointed in the other samples I’d bought at the same time. I’ve been going through Adagio’s Valentines regularly recently, but after a whole weekend of it, I wanted something a bit richer in the tea taste, but wasn’t in the mood for a green.

One of Teajo’s big selling points I think is that they take care to make their flavored blends with a nice base. I definitely get that with this one. While it’s olfactory appeal is wonderful- very chocolatey and berry and tea-y, the tea taste and mouth feel is not at all disappointing, and this one had alot to stand up to because I had come from finishing McD’s strawberry covered frappe. For me, coming from something like a frappe- espresso+creaminess+sugar and not being disappointed by a flavored tea is wonderful.

Not only for the olfactory side, also the rich mouth feel from the creaminess of the frappe wasn’t harshly cut like some teas can do. The mouth feel was rich and full, and at first mingled nicely with the leftover richness of the dairy and yet left the mouth with nice clean tea feel after without the dry feeling you can get sometimes. (I have no idea if this paragraph made any since. It’s soo difficult to describe!)

I’m soo incredibly glad I didn’t get a horribly synthetic raspberry flavor with this, I generally hate raspberry flavored/scented things for that reason, no one gets it right…. and consequently I had developed an aversion to the fruit even because in my head it was always soo awful- another reason I had hesitated on this tea. The raspberry flavor to this one is warm and not too sweet. Even as not a fan of raspberries in general, I can get behind this tea.

Overall, it’s wonderful. A side benefit is that it’s organic if you’re one to care about those things. The way it’s set up is that it’s flavor profile is similar to Adagio’s valentines, but the tea base and flavor blending is like 6x better. I love it. However because Valentines is similar enough in profile and offered at a lower price point, I’ll probably keep that one in regular rotation, while I hoard this one. It’ll be a special occasion tea or a ‘I need a nice tea to cheer me up’ type of event… At least until I get to the point where I’m spoiled enough by nice tea I won’t even bother with Adagio anymore. This Teajo’s creation is definitely on that next level.

This tea gets a happy face. =D

MissB sent a sample of this one over! thanks so much! I could always try anything from Teajo. Raspberry chocolate is one of my favorite combinations! This blend is true to its name. Definitely equal parts juicy raspberry and a lingering wispy milk chocolate. I noticed a tiny piece of raspberry in the dry blend itself. The black tea base goes perfectly with the flavors… I think it’s the same base as the other teas I’ve tried (Earl Grey, Peach). Very tasty!

Stephanie

I need to try more Teajo Teas, I really liked the one I’ve tried!