Very Raspberry

Black Fruit Blend
Berries, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Madison Bartholemew

• “I received this sample from *teajo teas*. Thank you! If you like raspberry you will like this tea. Teajo does a wonderful job creating fruit flavored teas that actually taste like the fruit...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 649 tasting notes
  • “Taken without Milk and sugar this tea is just very strong and tart. It almost makes me think if the sour patch kid candies had a diabetic "replacement" (really what beats sour patch kids?) this...” Read full tasting note
    Chin4do11 154 tasting notes
  • “Not to bad... I took 1tsp and steeped it for about 3 minutes like the package said. It took a little while until the raspberry flavoring came through. I was hoping for a little more raspberry...” Read full tasting note
    GiggleGoddess 57 tasting notes
  • “I'm getting the idea that raspberry is not an easy flavour to capture. I've enjoyed the chocolate/coconut raspberry flavours that are blatantly dessert teas, but the plain old raspberry teas tend...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 489 tasting notes

From Teajo Teas

Very Raspberry

This is not your ordinary Raspberry tea! We combine natural raspberry flavor with whole leaf black tea to create a fruity, flavorful blend that tastes amazing over ice!

Tea Origin India
Tea Type Black
Leaf Grade TGFOP (Medium whole leaf)
Blend Type Single Estate
Caffeine Level (scale of 0 – 10, Coffee = 10) 3

About Teajo Teas View company

I received this sample from teajo teas. Thank you!

If you like raspberry you will like this tea. Teajo does a wonderful job creating fruit flavored teas that actually taste like the fruit they’re supposed to taste like. This tea doesn’t taste like raspberry syrup or raspberry Kool Aid or raspberry candy. It taste like raspberry. And tea. I don’t know what tea base Teajo uses, but it’s good!

I drank one cup of this plain and one cup with sugar. Both cups were enjoyable. I liked the tartness of the tea when it’s plain, but a little sugar really brings out the fruit flavor.

My daughter will be home from school in a few minutes, and I’m looking forward to sharing this tea with her. It seems like something that would be right up her alley. :)

Taken without Milk and sugar this tea is just very strong and tart. It almost makes me think if the sour patch kid candies had a diabetic “replacement” (really what beats sour patch kids?) this would be it. Except there is no sweet finish cause well… you’re diabetic.

I am NOT a diabetic so I shoved 2 tsp of sugar in the pot (twice as much as I normally would dare) and shook till dissolved. Yes, I shook a tea pot. Fruit black teas bring out the anger in me cause I don’t understand why anyone would bother making these combinations. Tea is lovely. Juice might be the healthiest thing available… ever. Why would you skimp on either? Anyways, the tea is bearable with sugar.
Still slightly tart the raspberry and standing solidly against the black tea and holding its own. Likewise the black tea is sucker punching the raspberry back… but this is all happening in my mouth… which is minutely uncomfortable.

Then I added milk to subdue both sides of the epic tea vs. fruit battle and finally I find this drinkable. The flavors are still fighting in dominance … aka it’s not clear cut in the starting and finishing flavors they really just come in flavor waves until they blend into a sour tea aftertaste.

I can’t find anything “wrong” with this tea. The leaves look nice… aka TGFOP. It smells and tastes like real things. Not all artificially added and poopy.
But… I obviously dislike fruit teas… so consider that I drink at least 3 cups of this and wrote this to be positive.
For people who like fruit in their tea.

takgoti

Sour Patch Kids rule. I like to eat them until your tongue starts to feel a little raw from all that sour sugar stuff they coat them in and then eat ten more.

I have a lot of problems picking out the black tea as a singular note in black-fruit blends [similar to what I think you’re describing here]. If the overall flavor’s appealing to me I’ll drink it anyway, but I can see how it would be frustrating. Part of me feels like they typically don’t use high quality leaves in them for that exact reason. However, if this was a TGFOP that’s a bit of a shame.

Not to bad…

I took 1tsp and steeped it for about 3 minutes like the package said. It took a little while until the raspberry flavoring came through. I was hoping for a little more raspberry flavoring (VERY Raspberry is it not called?) but I’ll pry try steeping it for a bit longer or using more leaves b/c I can totally see myself digging this kind of tea since not alot of companies use Assam as the maing black tea they use in flavored teas. It’s got the usual Assam bold, rich, and smooth characteristics that make it great hot or iced.

I’m getting the idea that raspberry is not an easy flavour to capture. I’ve enjoyed the chocolate/coconut raspberry flavours that are blatantly dessert teas, but the plain old raspberry teas tend to taste more like Swedish Berries than anything else. This one still falls into that category for me, although it tries hard not too.

There’s a tart citrus zap that’s convincing, followed by the raspberry flavour, which eventually descends into the category of sweetened jam. It’s the aftertaste and aroma that leaves me with gummies.. although it also feels like I have those raspberry hairs stuck in my throat. Mixed signals.

Oh, well. This tea mostly sticks to the raspberries of my mind, and if it becomes overly sweet I can’t pretend I don’t like jam and candy too.

Flavors: Berries, Lemon Zest