Irish Breakfast

Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Tealeaves

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I love this tea so much. One of my favourite black teas ever. So rich and creamy. It's suggested to drink with milk and sugar but I love it plain or with a high quality cream honey. The tea comes...” Read full tasting note
    tiinacious™ 14 tasting notes

From Tealeaves

Inspired by tea served with breakfast at an Irish country inn, this cup is a brisk and full-flavoured blend of strong, dark, malty Assam and bright Kenyan black leaves.

If the standard English Breakfast Tea is not bold enough for you, try our Irish Breakfast – strong and brisk enough to fuel your way through the day. As the saying goes, “If you can stand your spoon up in it, then that’s a good cuppa!”

Our blend features whole Assam and Kenyan leaves of utmost quality. In keeping with age-old traditions, it is best enjoyed with milk!

Tea was first introduced to Ireland in the early 1800s, and due to British policies, the tea first available consisted of fannings, dust, and needed to be brewed strongly to extract maximum flavour. It was served with milk to mask the poor quality, and despite rising quality, this tradition is still prevalent today. Ireland’s tea story was aligned with England until after WWII, when new laws allowed Ireland to import high-quality teas directly from the growers. The primary source of good tea had been the Assam region, later supplemented by a swing towards the high-quality Kenyan leaves.

About Tealeaves View company

1 Tasting Note

I love this tea so much. One of my favourite black teas ever. So rich and creamy. It’s suggested to drink with milk and sugar but I love it plain or with a high quality cream honey. The tea comes in cute little rolled-up balls and smells great. Don’t let it steep too long otherwise it’ll taste very bitter.