LiShan Spring - Mountain Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Elyse Petersen

• “The dry tea smells veggie-green to the extreme. Kind of seaweedy, like sticking your nose in a warm salad bar. Steeped, however, this mellows out to a golden smell, so sunny that you want to take...” Read full tasting note
    SnootyTeaPerson 90 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, I could smell the honeysuckle the moment I opened the tin. Now that I've had 4 or 5 honeyish oolongs from Taiwan, it's dawning on me that this is no coincidence, this is the place honey...” Read full tasting note
    tamarindel 194 tasting notes

From Tealet

LiShan is part of the Jade mountain range, where the highest mountains of Taiwan are found. The teas are grown enshrouded in mist and receive minimal sunshine. At night, temperatures can drop up to 30°F. These factors contribute to LiShan oolong’s unmatched natural sweetness and unparalleled richness of flavor and aroma.

Buy this tea now —> https://www.tealet.com/mountain-tea/lishan-spring

About Tealet View company

The dry tea smells veggie-green to the extreme. Kind of seaweedy, like sticking your nose in a warm salad bar. Steeped, however, this mellows out to a golden smell, so sunny that you want to take it to the beach now.

At first you want to go, “This is totally a green,” but the tea goes, “Haha, psych!” It’s just a plain fun tea, totally lighthearted. (Can a tea have a happy vibe? Lishan Spring says yes.) Usually there’s a certain solemnity to tea, but this one is a real get-up-and-go baller. It’s not from the caffeine or theanine content, just the flavor alone. “Spring” is a great name for this tea, as it’s like walking on a stretch of new grass with young, fragrant leaves sprouting up behind you with every step, like you’re some kind of epic sun goddess. So get out there and share your happy nature vibes with the world…

Full review here: http://snooteablog.com/2013/05/11/snooty-tea-review-tealet-teas/

Mmm, I could smell the honeysuckle the moment I opened the tin. Now that I’ve had 4 or 5 honeyish oolongs from Taiwan, it’s dawning on me that this is no coincidence, this is the place honey oolongs come from, and my ears perk up now every time I hear the name. Such a great flavor. As The Snooty Tea Person noted, this one also has some interesting seaweed notes, and though it’s not something I’d think would go with the floral side of the tea, it actually tastes quite good.