Patisserie

Almond, Butter, Cream, Drying
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

From Tealish

A sinfully aromatic black tea blend which captivates the senses. Exquisite, sweet nut flavours from almond and pistachio pieces are balanced with spice notes from peppercorns, cumin and coriander. Like walking in to a bakery in Paris.

About Tealish View company

Yet another tea from the lovely scribbles uvu

Ok so I really wanted to try all of these new teas relatively quickly because I am really curious about blends! And I’m picking these out deliberately; the double knit was sort of like, ok this is just barely a blend so I’m kind of sniffing the water. Then I picked out this tea because I figured, ok NOW this is a real blend but it’s not too insane so I’m only barely dipping my pinky toe in the water. or something idk

anyways so i used more leaf and less time than recommended because i was lazy this morning and needed to head off to dance class asap

wow this is surprisingly yummy. i’m still wary of blends obviously and i was wondering how the heck this tea has cumin, peppercorns, etc in it and taste even remotely good but it’s really really good. oh man.

the first steep had a lot more of that nut flavor and the second steep i definitely got the cumin more, but for some reason this is still really good? i’m still confused. i shouldn’t like this but i do. i just want to drink this all day.

well… i suppose i can…

I’ve tried just two teas from Tealish – Spicy Chai and Patisserie.

I love my desserts, but I can never seem to find satisfaction in these ‘dessert’ teas – all the ones I’ve tried, they’ve failed. But Patisserie comes the closest to making me feel that satisfaction of eating freshly baked bread, cookies, cobbler, whatever it may be.

And you can actually taste the nuttiness of something in there (haha, I forgot what goes in it). And I do love teas I can enjoy with my soy&stevia or rather it just be fresh (one or the other), but this one’s an exception. It’s not ‘fresh’ but it definitely doesn’t need the creamer. It’s better without it.

From the sweet bakery smell of this tea to the different ingredients, the reason I picked this tea because it stood out. I had it iced with soy milk and I enjoyed the sweet almost caramel like taste of this tea. I could almost be deceived and take this tea at face value for what it claims to be: a sweet baked treat. If it wasn’t for the ingredients. That’s why I am recommending Diaz’ book, because people and teas are not always as they appear, no matter how sweet they are.

Books recommended for this tea: This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz.

185 °F / 85 °C 5 min, 30 sec 8 tsp

Uhm.

So.

This tea.

Er. Yeah. About that.

I have a confession to make: I am a sucker when it comes to marketing strategies. Mention pastries! Mention France! Mention potential swooning and hearts-for-eyes (or at least imply)! I’m basically a goner if/when all that happens. Which is how I ended up blindly buying this tea in my first Tealish order. Woo boy. Granted, the first time around, I don’t think I was being very fair. My sister, brother-in-law and I had gone for a late afternoon ice cream run, and when I came home, I brewed up some of this tea, hoping for a continuation in decadence.

It might have been the dairy in my body already. It might have been the heat. It might have been any number of factors. But my throat basically decided to do its best Gandalf impression and threw up its arms, all “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!” I am not exaggerating when I say I got through that cup by pinching my nose, closing my eyes and taking large, quick gulps. And I still gagged every time.

Later outings with this tea: on some level, my body wanted to like it. There’s a pleasing sort of warmth to it as long I didn’t focus too much on the heavier, savoury spices. But God, they sit on the tip of the sip and just dangle their legs, all “Hey! Hey! Hey! We’re here! Do you see us?” And then I get all conflicted because this tea would be SO GOOD, or at the very least, MEDIOCRE AND DRINKABLE, if it wasn’t so much like a mouth punch. I kept drinking this tea in the hope that it would get better. It did not. When I finished my stash, I breathed a sigh of relief. Sweet, sweet relief.

Terri HarpLady

“Thou shall not pass”
I love that!

sweetea

Gandalf is appropriate in EVERY situation ;)

Ohh-ho, golly… This is a tough one to review. It’s not that I didn’t like the flavour. I found it unique; spicy and sweet, and plenty strong enough for me. The problem is that one of the spices it contains is cumin. Cumin leaches through my pores at a surprising rate, and leaves me smelling, uh, a tad whiffy. So, it’s a no-go for me, I’m afraid. I think I’d feel quite differently about this one, though, if it didn’t make me smell like a farm animal on a hot day, so don’t let my experience scare you off.

Hm. How have I yet to open this? Okay, I will today. It smells of a bakery (odd considering the ingredients) and it does remind me of one as well. Have to admit though, I preferred this on the heavier side (suggested portioning is 1 tsp per 6-8oz. so I used 2 tsp for 16oz.) and only when it was almost cold. Hot, it was… meh. Ice cold, it got bitter. Warm on the cold side, it was… pleasant. Pastry-like. Rich. Sweet.

On a complete aside, I’ve decided to stop adding data into the database until everything gets added so that I can. Otherwise… I’m adding partial data, and that seems like a waste of time to me.

Anna

You mean flavour data?

MissB

Flavor, ingredients, anything. I sent a note to Jason directly via email, suggesting they enlist some of the keeners amongst us to do that for them, so they can control the database entries yet still have it updated in a timely manner.

Anna

Oh, I didn’t realize until now the ingredients are also an issue. Wow.

I don’t taste the patisserie aspect, but it’s nice and sweet and creamy. Great for cozy breakfast.