Lemon Meringue Rooibos

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From Tealish

A colourful blend of green and red rooibos with a smooth lemon taste reminiscent of freshly baked lemon meringue pie. With a delicious zesty lemon flavour and a perfect creamy finish, this red tea infusion is a sweet and healthy treat!

About Tealish View company

So, I was on a business trip in Toronto and didn’t bring enough tea with me. I picked this up at Whole Foods. I have not seen this brand in the Whole Foods I usually shop at in Virginia. But, this is so good I’ve got to try more from Tealish.

This is creamy lemon. It’s more sweet than tart. I’ve only tried it cold brewed and it comes out perfect. I’m really impressed with how flavorful this is. I’m not used to grocery store teas being so fresh tasting.

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Vanilla

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I cold steeped this overnight and the result is fantastic. It’s like lemon candies, a little sweet a little tart, but really good.

I work in receiving at the bookstore, unpacking stock and shelving/displaying it. I could smell these Tealish teas as soon as I opened the box they were so fragrant and I knew right away I would have to buy them. Thankfully some of them at least come in a sample pack and I quickly set one aside because I knew these were going to be snapped up quickly. Tealish is a new brand for our store as we usually just stock Harney & Sons and Tea Forte. Now I like H&S as much as the next person, but it’s good to see some Canadian brands get in on the action too.

I’m not a huge rooibos fan but this is such a tasty tea. It has the fresh tang of lemon but it’s sweet as well like lemon candies – or lemon meringue pie, the sort that’s made properly with lots of fresh-squeezed lemon juice and a dollops of lightly-toasted meringue on top.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Lemon is such a happy flavor—especially this gray and gloomy time of year!

I can’t get over how amazing this tea smells. In the bag it’s all intense, sweet lemon, but once it’s brewed, the liquor smells like a lemon meringue pie. There’s desserty lemon, meringue and pie crust! Wow!

I couldn’t stop smelling my cup as it cooled, and I was starting to worry that the flavour couldn’t possibly live up to the smell. And it’s not as complex or amazing as the smell, but it is delicious. Smooth and gentle lemon, with a hint of creaminess, sweet, not tart. Maybe the most subtle pastry note. The flavour intensifies as it cools a bit.

I think I might have died of joy if this had tasted as good as it smells, but I can’t complain. I may need to bake a lemon meringue pie soon.

Thanks, aisling of tea, for the recommendation!

Flavors: Creamy, Lemon, Meringue, Pastries, Sweet

That’s my fav from that company too. An excellent rooibos. I’m all out of it too so will have to get more soon.

aisling of tea

It is one of my wife’s absolute favorites, I’m really glad you like it!

I love this blend. Creamy and lemon-y, and caffeine-free, so I can have it right before bed. A lot of the Tealish teas and infusions that I’ve tried have been somewhat lacking in flavour, but this one is potent. I’d classify this as a favourite.

Finally getting around to trying this tea. As a big fan of lemon dessert teas, I’m very excited to drink this cup! The scent of the dry leaf is wonderfully lemony and creamy.

Sipping… mmm. I like the strong lemon note and the pastry-like finish. There’s a very nice balance between the sweet and tart flavors. I also find the lemon to be a bit stronger than other lemon dessert teas and that’s just fine with me! There isn’t a strong creamy note which I think would have made this tea even more special. It is sweet enough, though, and has a pastry-like quality.

I guess I wish that there were more variety with these lemony dessert teas — they all end up tasting about the same to me. Well, this was a very good cup and I did enjoy the stronger lemon flavor in this one, so I think I can say that this takes a spot in my favorite lemon meringue/pie/dessert teas.

Delicious! I’m amazed how much this tastes like its namesake with only a few natural ingredients to pull it off! Very smooth, not too harsh at lemon teas can be, and the flourish of vanilla at the end is perfect! One of the best Rooibos teas I’ve had the pleasure of tasting! Big thanks to Cavocorax for sending a sample to my wife :)

This is one of my all-time favorite rooibos teas; I bought a pound of this and Candy Cane by Simpson & Vail. So glad that Cavo introduced it to you!

Backlog from last night.

This note isn’t going to be so much about this tea as what happened to me before I drank it.

Last night, I finally sent out my swap package to Ost (~hi there, Ost!~). I brought the baggies of tea with me to the post office and then chose a padded envelope for everything.

I’ve been to this post office before, and the person behind the counter is almost always this sweet old woman with grey hair. She looks like she’s a nice person, you know? Competent, knowledgeable, demure – just someone who projects an air of comfort. She doesn’t raise a fit if I don’t know how much the package weighs beforehand, for example.

So, I’m stuffing the bags into the envelope and writing the mailing address on the front, and I’ve got the envelope all sealed up. She’s putting in the destination zip code and measuring the weight to see how much the postage will be, and she asks me if I’m doing something more with tea.

Nine times out of ten, now, if I go to the post office, it’s because it’s got something to do with a tea package. She’s noticed this by now, obviously. So I say “yes” and tell her all about Steepster. The conversation below is heavily paraphrased:

“Oh, I’m part of this site, and we review tea, and we talk about what tea we’re drinking. We share tea, too – so I might try something and then we arrange swaps so other people can try the same teas.”

“That sounds nice!”

“It’s fun! I’m sending out a swap right now, that’s why I’m here.”

“So what did you send out this time?”

“Oh, I sent out a black tea with [flavour redacted, because I want it to be a surprise for Ost], black tea with chestnut flavour, black tea with caramel, some green tea with [flavour redacted so it will be a surprise for Ost].”

Meanwhile, all the while, she sounds so excited, saying things like “that sounds delicious!” and “wow, that’s so neat”. I sense I’ve got a budding tea convert here.

“So what sort of teas do you like?”

And then we spend the next 5 or so minutes talking about different tea flavours, where I buy all these different kinds of tea from, and even fancy/novelty-shaped infusers.

The long story short, ladies and gentlemen, is that the next time I go to the post office, I’m going to give that nice old lady some of the teas in my cupboard to try. Baby steps, though: she likes sweet things and herbals; I’m sure that if I even tried to tell her about pu’erh it would blow her mind.

I’m reminded of a comment that ashmanra made in one of her tasting notes a few weeks ago: “Tea makes friends. Friends make tea.”

Well, it looks like I’ve made a new friend! :-D

By the way, this lemon meringue tea was ok. I just needed something without caffeine, and I also got to break in my new Mr. Tea steeper.

Hi Christina! :P That’s such an awesome story! :D Yah for tea converts! :D

Oh that’s so nice. Loved your story. Maybe we will see your friend here on Steepster eventually.

Nice story. :-)

Great story!

Of course, I’m feeling a little diabolical and considering giving her samples of tea I’m not too keen about. Not that I want to give her bad tea, but I get the sense that these might be more appreciated by someone who is still learning about it.

I love it! And it is just the beginning!

Another one from MissB. I think this is the first rooibos tea I’ve loved. Maybe it’s a rooibos tea hater’s gateway drug tea? From the intense lemon smell I expected it would be more tart but it’s perfectly creamy and a little sweet. I will definitely order this one!

Ah, so glad you enjoyed this one! It is green rooibos, which I enjoy much, much more than a red rooibos.

Thank you for sending it to me! I don’t know if I’ll ever like red rooibos but green is delicious!

I’ve had this tea in my cupboard for awhile but didn’t add it to my cupboard here. I don’t have it that often and had a cup last night. It is very delicious. A cream lemon rooibos. Yes, the tin is almost empty but I have enjoyed every cup. Almost want to run out and get more but my cupboard is pretty full…..

Flavors: Lemon Zest