Lemon Meringue Rooibos

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From Tealish

A colourful blend of green and red rooibos with a smooth lemon taste reminiscent of freshly baked lemon meringue pie. With a delicious zesty lemon flavour and a perfect creamy finish, this red tea infusion is a sweet and healthy treat!

About Tealish View company

Delicious! I’m amazed how much this tastes like its namesake with only a few natural ingredients to pull it off! Very smooth, not too harsh at lemon teas can be, and the flourish of vanilla at the end is perfect! One of the best Rooibos teas I’ve had the pleasure of tasting! Big thanks to Cavocorax for sending a sample to my wife :)

MissB

This is one of my all-time favorite rooibos teas; I bought a pound of this and Candy Cane by Simpson & Vail. So glad that Cavo introduced it to you!

Backlog from last night:

As part of my new challenge to get to only 50 teas in my cupboard by September (I’ve got a whole bunch of stuff coming in, plus a TTB, so it will probably be difficult even with easy sipdowns), I decided to revisit this, which was quite lemony and meringue-y the first time I tried it.

Perhaps I wasn’t paying enough attention, but the flavours weren’t quite as apparent today. However, I did realize one blindingly obvious reason why I liked it – it was a mix of red and green rooibos!

I really don’t have any green rooibos in my collection aside from this tea. But alas, I will choose not to remedy this and instead stay strong on day 2 of my official tea-buying hiatus. :-)

Another one from MissB. I think this is the first rooibos tea I’ve loved. Maybe it’s a rooibos tea hater’s gateway drug tea? From the intense lemon smell I expected it would be more tart but it’s perfectly creamy and a little sweet. I will definitely order this one!

MissB

Ah, so glad you enjoyed this one! It is green rooibos, which I enjoy much, much more than a red rooibos.

Megan

Thank you for sending it to me! I don’t know if I’ll ever like red rooibos but green is delicious!

I’ve had this tea in my cupboard for awhile but didn’t add it to my cupboard here. I don’t have it that often and had a cup last night. It is very delicious. A cream lemon rooibos. Yes, the tin is almost empty but I have enjoyed every cup. Almost want to run out and get more but my cupboard is pretty full…..

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Boiling

Pleasant, but not my favourite rooibos. However they do do a good job at capturing their intended flavour the meringue comes out in the aftertaste especially as the tea cools. The lemon tastes like those store bought pie mixes followed by a bitter tang from lemon peel. It kind of has a retro diner/tv dinners feel.