Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Tealish

Hojicha differs from other Japanese green teas in that it is roasted instead of steamed. This process dramatically reduces the caffeine content making hojicha a popular evening tea. The infusion is full bodied with a rich toasty aroma and nutty flavour.

About Tealish View company

I’m not a Don Cherry fan… but he was certainly right about one thing- toasted tastes better!! as long as it isn’t wearing plaid, of course.
Phew, I love toasted green tea. It’s so tasty! Nutty and sweet, round and oh so comforting after a meal. Mmmmm.
However, I don’t get much a tea high from it. I guess the theanine was roasted right out of it. I wonder if that means it’s less caffeinated as well. That’d be nice, I think… to have a lower caffeine option.

Haha sometimes we are quite different in our tea tastes… I find myself liking toasted teas less and less these days.

My boyfriend and I only watch Coach’s Corner for Cherry’s suits (and Ron MacLean’s attempts to keep a straight face). XD

I always wait to see how long I can watch before my brain turns off and I stop listening to whatever he’s talking about…and how long it takes before he needs to be guided back on topic hahaha.

R U talkin hockey?

@ Bonnie: Yes we’re talking hockey – Coach’s Corner is is a hockey (and anything else Cherry decides to rant about) commentary segment that’s on air during the intermissions. One of its two main hosts, Don Cherry, is a former coach of the Boston Bruins (which he never lets anyone forget), a hugh loud mouth and a really big ham, who has ‘interesting’ tastes in suits: http://doncherryjacketwatch.wordpress.com/

Dylan Oxford

I was just going to gloss over that i had no idea who Don Cherry was… man look at those suits! His tailor has to moonlight as an upholsterer, because I think someone would have caught him by now if he was just running around skinning random people’s couches.

Dinosara: I like everything toasted, not just my teas! :P
Jillian: I’m not much of a sports fan but if I ever see Don when I pass by a tv I stop for a minute. He is hilarious!!!
Amanda: haha yes he does tend to talk about the most random things! I’m surprised he hasn’t been coached to not do that anymore
Bonnie: Sortof yes. Now that you know who Don is, he also did a tv add for Quiznos. His line was “toasted tastes better”- but I can’t find it online anywhere :(
Dylan: LOL a couch poacher… I wouldn’t be surprised!

Ouch! look at those suits! Lol not even on a couch. The bonus is no one should ever say, “OMG I can’t find Don!”

Bahahah, thanks for the link, Jillian! I knew who Don Cherry was and his notoriety for suits, but hadn’t really experienced too many… until now!

Dylan – your comment made me laugh :D

yep, he does have some flare! like the opposite of where’s Waldo!!! hahaha

Had this one tonight after a long long weekend of family and stress and a lack of good tea. I was hoping it would relax me and it definitely did that. Something I’ve noticed with the toasted/roasted teas though is that if my tummy is even remotely not happy, this seems to highlight it and make it worse until my stomach churns, and then suddenly I feel amazing, but don’t want to finish my tea. Does this happen to anyone else?