Winter Blend

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Indigobloom

From Tealish

A mixture of warming flavours unite including vanilla, almond, hibiscus, and orange zest. Cinnamon and clove add a touch of spice to this eclectic herbal blend that will be sure to chase away the cold!

Winter Blend herbal tea makes an amazing iced tea! For directions on how to make incredible iced teas using loose leaf tea click here.

Brewing Instructions:Herbal tea can be steeped for as long as you like. We recommend steeping Winter Blend for 4-6 minutes in boiling water. Use 1 tsp loose leaf tea per 6-8oz of water.

About Tealish View company

This is a sipdown, sadly. I quite enjoyed having this herbal around.

Agh, SO good. So. darn. good.
that is all.

Thanks again Indigobloom for this sample!

At Church today, Mr. Finger and his family (the choir director…love the name) celebrated a clean bill of health from the Doctor after treatment for Bladder Cancer. The Orthodox tradition is to bake 5 big round loaves of sweet, spiced bread then prayers of thanks-giving are said and the Priest Blesses the bread and it is cut up for all the people to eat. This began a day of eating more than I usually do, smoked chicken, salad, greek yoghert and honey (wait there’s more). I do not feel guilty either.

I stopped on the way home at the neighborhood French Bakery (little bigger than a walk-in closet) and bought 2 chocolate and 1 hazelnut macaron. (and an apricot croissant).

I was now prepared for TV and TEA!

My evening choice of tea…after finishing the macaron’s was this Winter Blend. The evening had cooled off to the 40’s and this tea seemed appropriate. Being an herbal blend I was confident to let it steep 5 minutes for optimum flavor. Noticing the scent of hibiscus, I did not hesitate to add sweetening right off so that the first sip was sweet and full bodied. The ripe berry, spice, almond and vanilla is such a peculiar blend! Who would think to or dare to put such components together? But it worked! Instead of being a mash of confused flavors there was an intriguing “what was that?” delightful series of discoveries. There was warmth without overdone spiciness.

Sweet, little Winter Blend! And ok, I did eat too much!

Indigobloom

oh yay I was hoping you’d like this Bonnie!
Macarons, oh my… those are the perfect accompaniment to this tea!

Bonnie

I forgot to mention that a handsome young man with a French accent advised me (he was a customer) but who would believe me here in Colorado not Canada! Love how he said macaron! Not makarooon!

Indigobloom

oooh lala! did he rrrrrrol his Rs :P
Wish I’d been there! lol

I received this in my swap package from Courtney – thank you so much!!!

I’m currently drinking my third cup of this, and I’m still not sure what to say about it. Strange little tea. The description isn’t matching my experience and that’s confusing me.
Vanilla?? hmmm nope
Almond? no don’t get that either
Hibiscus? Yep there is some of that but just a touch it’s not too tart
Orange zest? ok, there is some citrus in the back but I think there are other fruity flavors that are more predominant
Cinnamon and Clove? really – I think there is some spice but that’s not the spices I would say.
Wow, just strange. I think this is a juicy, fruity, slightly tart with a hint of spice. If I hadn’t read the description, I would have thought berry, hibiscus, lemon, pepper……..
I guess the good news is I’m still drinking it, it’s so strange that I just keep going back for more. I like it.
Thanks Courtney.

Courtney

Haha yes I liked this one right away – and I think the name suits it, but you’re right about the vanilla and almond.

Interesting. Not sure what I was expecting here, but not what I’m getting… The hibiscus is thankfully not overwhelming; I can taste apple, and possibly lemon/lemongrass? And a host of other savoury-ish flavours. This tea is not really sweet, as I would have been expecting. In both aroma and flavour, I think I’m also getting a hint of cinnamon.

Not a bad tea; very unique and not a flavour I have experienced before. Not something I’d likely crave, either. Thanks for the sample, Indigobloom!

mmmm i love the spicyness of this one, and how its calmed down a lot by the vanilla, and the hibiscus. Its a nice blend to bring in fall because I like it both iced and hot (prefer it hot though). Since I can’t have caffeine right now, its a nice substitute for my evening tea.. I only had a small bag of it because it happened to be on sale when i was in store, I will definitely be re-stocking this one :)

Wow! This was amazing! I was intrigued by the ingredients and curious about the smell. Honestly, when I threw in the leaves I wasn’t sure what it was going to taste like brewed up. The steeped tea is fantastic! Heavy on the orange and the cinnamon with the other flavours helping to round things out. I could honestly drink this all evening, I am so glad we have a few ounces of this to work through!