Sweet Pear Punch

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Courtney

From Tealish

This tea is perfect on a summer day, with refreshing herbal notes and the sweet taste of juicy pear. Apple pieces, elderberries and orange peels blend with caffeine free herbs such as hibiscus, rosehip, fennel and calendula, also making it great for the evening.

Far Out Fruit Cocktail herbal tea makes an amazing iced tea! For directions on how to make incredible iced teas using loose leaf tea click here.

Brewing Instructions:Fruit tea can be steeped for as long as you like. We recommend steeping Sweet Pear Punch for 4-6 minutes in boiling water. Use 1 tsp loose leaf tea per 6-8oz of water.

About Tealish View company

It is still ridiculously humid in TO, so I have still have not had any hot tea beverages, and I have so many to try!!!

Yesterday I went to ‘Toys R Us’ to buy a kiddie pool. Not for me…but for the furry beast (shep/lab cross) that I live with, to help him get through the heat. He still prefers the stink water creek a few minutes away…but will jump in the kiddie pool if encouraged.

Back to the tea….on opening the bag I smell over-ripe pears. This told me that this would be fairly sweet on it’s own, without any sugar additives.

Because of the heat, my first tasting of this one is as a cold brew, and I have to say…I am surprised that I like this as much as I do. When I first saw the fennel seeds as part of the mix I was like “What??!!!” This will not be good. WRONG!! This is my second fave cold brew…a real surprise to self.

Cold brew tastes like sweet pear. No tartness. Just sweet pear. Sugar is not needed here…it is sweet on it’s own. YUM!!!! I will be sad when it’s gone (2-3 cold brews left). But, maybe I will find something as good. The tea journey continues…. :)

JustJames

ah my friend… humidity’s no fun. we’ve had it at 100% and making puddles here (ie:rain).

1987 tasting notes

Thanks again to scribbles for sending this one to me.

This is probably the first tea from tealish that I don’t absolutely love. I sure don’t think it tastes like a pear. Perhaps I’m just spoiled by fresh pears directly from the tree (we live next to an orchard). It’s very sweet and reminds me somewhat of the canned pears that they served in the cafeteria when I was in elementry school. I thought the fennel was an odd addition when I saw it and I’m not really sure it is contributing much to the taste.

My second cup I let steep to long and it has an overwhelming tartness form the hibiscus. I like this best when steeped around 4mins because it’s sweeter.

ummm AMAZING. I am thrilled with this tea… definitely my replacement for when I run out of davids perfect pear… dare I say? I like this one better :) … when you smell it, the pear is not prominent… it made me skeptical about the tea… but once it brews… holy cow… it comes out nice and strong! with nice sweet fruity after notes…. delicious! :)