Margaret's Hope First Flush Darjeeling

Grapes, Hay, Honeysuckle
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “My sample size states 2nd flush. A fine taste of very smooth darjeeling tea. Nice for the afternoon. Lots of fragrance bit of muscatel. Steeped leaves twice used hot water. Think to re-buy this tea.” Read full tasting note
    Nerys 34 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by the darjeeling discussions that have been popping up on Steepster lately, I pulled out this sample that was sent to me by the lovely *Virginia*. Thank you! (I have a been of a sample...” Read full tasting note
    mj1851 268 tasting notes
  • “**TTB&C 2** So... There's a bit of a mess-up and the description for this darjeeling says the flush is from 2012. The one I have is from 2014 but there wasn't any separate page for it, so here I...” Read full tasting note
    poziomka 218 tasting notes
  • “As I steeped this, I was very impressed (surprised?) by the color of the liquid: bright, like yellow gold. I don't know what I was expecting, but definitely not something so pretty. The infusion...” Read full tasting note
    Visa1379 236 tasting notes

From Tealux

NEW HARVEST OF APRIL 2012

Tealux is proud to share with you the best first flush Darjeeling we have ever had the pleasure of tasting: Margaret’s Hope! We were so impressed by this very special tea that we had it air flown in immediately and we can’t wait for you to experience it! We guarantee you will never taste another Darjeeling quite like this one. This amazing tea is bright and refreshing with notes of muscatel grapes, leaving behind a crisp and clean finish. Only 30% oxidized, this tea was fired only once and is from the first picking of the first flush!

About Tealux View company

Inspired by the darjeeling discussions that have been popping up on Steepster lately, I pulled out this sample that was sent to me by the lovely Virginia. Thank you! (I have a been of a sample backlog problem, I know).
I eschewed the instructions that came with it and went with 190F water rather than 212F. The tea came out at a bright golden color that smelled of sweet grape. The main note was also a bright grape over hints of hay with a honey suckle finish. It has only a little astringency. It has that fresh mountain air quality that I love about first flush darjeelings! Overall, a very pleasant darjeeling but not mind blowing.

Flavors: Grapes, Hay, Honeysuckle

TTB&C 2

So… There’s a bit of a mess-up and the description for this darjeeling says the flush is from 2012. The one I have is from 2014 but there wasn’t any separate page for it, so here I am.

I am finally getting to try the famous Margaret’s Hope darjeeling! Even though I generally prefer second fluhes, this one is really superb. Fairly malty, mostly sweet with pleasant astringent undertones. It is also kind of earthy and woodsy. Kind of like a forest after the rain – if you could eat the aroma that it gives off, this is how it would taste like. I am digging it!

I also love the first flush darjeeling dry leaf, the green and straw yellow of it with glimpses of darker brown. It’s beautiful.

I am really happy that I could try it!

As I steeped this, I was very impressed (surprised?) by the color of the liquid: bright, like yellow gold. I don’t know what I was expecting, but definitely not something so pretty. The infusion smells very sweet, like cotton candy. As it hits the tongue, the immediate flavour is sweet pea, followed by honey. There is a floral note dancing in the background and sweet corn in front of it. The astringency is mild. A very good cup.
2014 flush