Japanese Spirit

Green Herbal Blend
Chamomile, Gingko, Kukicha, St. John's Wort
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Moving stress is setting in, so I decided to break into my envelope of Tealux Japanese Spirit, which boasts St. John's Wort, gingko, and chamomile in a kukicha base. This blend is supposed to calm...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1080 tasting notes

From Tealux

Out new delicious blend of spring harvest Kukicha with the rich honey aroma and flavor of organic chamomile flowers.

The chamomile flowers sweeten and accentuate the unique roasted aroma of the Kukicha, while at the same time mellowing out the assertiveness of the summer harvested green.

Low in caffeine Kukicha blended with chamomile, St. John’s Wort and gingko will help to relieve the stress and tension of daily life and lift your spirits.

Perfect to take at night.

Caffeine level: almost caffeine free.

Ingredients: Organic Kukicha, organic chamomile, St. John’s Wort and gingko.

About Tealux View company

Moving stress is setting in, so I decided to break into my envelope of Tealux Japanese Spirit, which boasts St. John’s Wort, gingko, and chamomile in a kukicha base. This blend is supposed to calm frazzled nerves, so let’s hope that it does. What about the scent and the taste?

The dried tea smells very sweet and strongly redolent of substances other than kukicha—I presume the St. John’s Wort and gingko. It does not really smell like chamomile, despite the presence of some full buds. I believe that the sweetness is primarily from the gingko, but I’m not sure what St. John’s Wort smells like. I have had gingko-laced tea before, so that does smell familiar. The scent of kukicha (which I love) is completely shrouded by the additives.

I am ambivalent about adulterated Japanese green teas, since I tend to agree with the Japanese that they should generally be imbibed au naturel. In this case, the blend is clearly intended to be a functional tea, so I suppose that the only remaining question is why to use kukicha as the base rather than something else. Perhaps this was chosen because of the low-caffeine content.

The flavor of the tea base, like the scent, is somewhat drowned out. Hopefully the gingko and St. John’s wort will “help to relieve the stress and tension of daily life,” as promised on the package!

second infusion: this round was better than the first. It tasted more like tea and less like medicine.

caile

Moving is always so stressful. Hoping the tea helps, and you have a relaxing evening!

sherapop