Gyokuro Ureshinocha

Green Tea
Green Tea
Grass
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Tealux

“Ureshinocha” literally means “Tea of Joy” is a specialty type of green tea specially produced in Saga, Kyushu Prefecture of Japan. It has a very unique flavor with a very sweet and mellow gyokuro taste. Like all gyokuro type of green tea, this green tea is produced with the first harvest young tea leaves that has the max vitamin, mineral and antioxidant contents.

About Tealux View company

I usually append my second infusion observations at the bottom of the first infusion tasting note, but I feel compelled in this case to honor Tealux Gyokuro Ureshinocha with a separate second infusion tasting note. Why? Because it is totally delicious and better than most first infusions!

I got the brew right this time: short steep using 73C water. The resultant liquor is an exquisite green—the greener the better, in my view—with a bit of the hazy iridescence characteristic of excellent steamed Japanese teas. The taste is superb: smooth and slightly sweet but also steamed green vegetable. Not a trace of bitterness (as I encountered when I oversteeped the first infusion earlier today). Yum.

With a second infusion this excellent, I’ll have to try a third!

Very similar to the Gyokuro Premier and has the standard spinachy flavour of Gyokuro. Has a slightly citrus/fruity like smell. Steeped 3 times.