Dark Roasted Tie Guan Yin

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Char, Fruity, Roasted
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I seem to have lost my taste for roasted oolongs. I used to really enjoy them, but nowadays it seems like the roasted flavors are just overwhelming. This one is supposed to have notes of...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 198 tasting notes

From Tealux

Our Dark Roasted Tieguanyin is a testament to the rewards that come from restraint and patience. It’s also a brilliantly delicious tea.

Harvested in Anxi County, Fujian Province in Spring, the leaf is 30% oxidized, first by bruising the leaves in a bamboo drum and |after that allowing them to rest and gradually wither. The rest time enables the conversion of catechins into bioflavonoids while enriching the color of the liquor. The tea makers finish the tea using a traditional loose roll and roast the tea in a way that does not leave too strong of a final impression. At the end they give the tea its finishing roast – tuning the temperature and roast time to impart an extraordinarily robust character to the tea, but doing it in such a way to highlight its natural honeyed character. It takes quite a few patient hours to roast the tea to perfection. But the end result – rich nuttiness with hints of stone fruit, caramel and honey – is worth every minute.

About Tealux View company

1 Tasting Note

I seem to have lost my taste for roasted oolongs. I used to really enjoy them, but nowadays it seems like the roasted flavors are just overwhelming. This one is supposed to have notes of “rich stone fruit, caramel and honey”. But it just tastes roasty with maybe a bit of vague fruitiness if I concentrate. It doesn’t seem to be a poor quality tea, but my tongue just muddles all the flavors.
It’s a bummer because I have a bunch of roasted oolongs laying around that I used to enjoy with no interest in drinking them anymore. I guess that’s a sign I should probably drink up my teas as I buy them instead of hoarding them!

Flavors: Char, Fruity, Roasted