Black Dragon Pearls

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Sipper

• “mmmmm this tea isn't have bad. Either that, or I've lowered my expectation of Tealux slightly. Overall, depending on the pricing of these pearls compared to others, it might be worth carrying them...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5107 tasting notes
  • “Additional notes: I will be gradually taste testing all of my pearls the same way (and most of them will be sipdowns in the process - since I have five pearls left of most): five pearls, rinse,...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1460 tasting notes
  • “Pretty tasty black tea. It's especially fun to brew this in a clear container, to watch the leaves unfurl. Like most black teas, I'm drinking this with honey and "creamer". The flavour is deep,...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1517 tasting notes
  • “More of the woods.... This is not my day for trying new good teas haha! I think I'm gonna go back to *Persimmon Tree Tea's Periwinkle* for a bit before trying anything else new. xD” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 254 tasting notes

From Tealux

Hailing from the Yunnan province, this black tea version of the popular Dragon Pearl is naturally sweet and smooth with a touch of earthiness. Comprised of only the highest quality leaves and buds, expertly rolled into a large pearl-like shape. Subtle cocoa notes whisper gently as each pearl unfurls delivering a superior tea experience not to be missed. We suggest using 2-3 Dragon Pearls per cup for a sublime tea drinking experience.

About Tealux View company

mmmmm this tea isn’t have bad. Either that, or I’ve lowered my expectation of Tealux slightly. Overall, depending on the pricing of these pearls compared to others, it might be worth carrying them as a back up staple in the cupboard. This is a decent black overall though. Not as malty or as robust as i’d like but not weak or astringent.

Kittenna

Uhh, Zen Tea? You mean, Tealux?

Lol I’m distracted! Clearly

Additional notes: I will be gradually taste testing all of my pearls the same way (and most of them will be sipdowns in the process – since I have five pearls left of most): five pearls, rinse, just boiled, first steep two minutes, second steep four minutes. After this cup though, I might have to change the first steep from two minutes to three. The first steep was a little light in flavor, and I know these pearls are usually very flavorful. The second steep was much better – the flavor deeper chocolate, while not being astringent. Just like I like my pearls to be. If I had to choose between pearl necklaces or black dragon pearls, I’d most certainly choose black dragon pearls… I just have to figure out WHICH pearls are my favorite. I’m going to be keeping a list as I go, to place them in most to least favorite and the list will be in the tasting note of the last pearls!

Side note: I just realized Adagio has rewards points for reviews! That means I’m hunting down all my Adagio notes from Steepster and adding them there (it won’t be tough – I have a list of all the teas I’ve tried.) Adagio won’t mind… most of my reviews for their teas are nice anyway (except for maybe the White Pear.. haha.)

Pretty tasty black tea. It’s especially fun to brew this in a clear container, to watch the leaves unfurl.

Like most black teas, I’m drinking this with honey and “creamer”. The flavour is deep, but not extremely strong. I used 5g of tea in 12 oz water, which is pretty standard for me now that I have a scale.

It’s not bitter, not too astringent, and actually tastes pretty good without the additions. The second steep is also delicious, but I can’t be bothered to try a third – I’d rather move on to a different flavour profile.

I’m not sure that I’d go out of my way to keep this tea in my cupboard, but I’m definitely enjoying what I have, and if I do another order from Tealux this will make the re-order list. Unfortunately, I can’t imagine needing to order more tea for many, many months at this point.

More of the woods….
This is not my day for trying new good teas haha!
I think I’m gonna go back to Persimmon Tree Tea’s Periwinkle for a bit before trying anything else new. xD