Pu-erh Cocoa-spice

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Sipper

• “I'd had this twice in the evenings now, and I've really enjoyed it, but I find that I'm just too busy with the baby, and packing lunches etc etc that I don't really have much time to hop on the...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1413 tasting notes
  • “Another from Tealux! The ingredients sounded like such a great combination: pu-erh, chili, chocolate, cinnamon (and orange flowers which make the blend look great)! Tasting it, none of the...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1097 tasting notes
  • “I liked the chocolate chai I was drinking earlier better than this one. The spices in this just seem weird to me, and I'm not getting much cocoa. Like I said earlier, Tealux flavored teas are...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 585 tasting notes
  • “I received this tea in a swap from JustJames...thank you! The dry aroma is lightly earthy with a hint of spiced cocoa. I'm not usually of fan of tea's with chocolate in them, I find them too...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 179 tasting notes

From Tealux

Tealux’s premixed organic Pu-Erh Cocoa Spice tea is an intriguing and complex blend, providing the perfect balance of spices and warmth.

Providing a medium to bold caffeine boost due to the energising effects of naturally occurring caffeine from both the Pu-Erh tea and cocoa, Pu-Erh Cocoa Spice offers a complex and sweet aroma with hidden warming depths, underlain by a spicy chilli kick.

Combining the anti-oxidant health benefits of pure Pu-Erh black tea from the Yunnan Province in China with beta-carotene and flavonoids from organic cocoa nibs and chocolate seeds, our Pu-Erh Cocoa Spice blend is unmatched in terms of taste and goodness. Pu-Erh Cocoa Spice is the perfect pick-me-up for mid afternoon tiredness, or any other time of the day when you need a little extra energy.

Ingredients: Organic Pu-Erh tea, organic cinnamon, organic honeybush, organic cocoa nibs, organic safflower, organic chilli flakes, chocolate seeds, natural flavorings.

About Tealux View company

I’d had this twice in the evenings now, and I’ve really enjoyed it, but I find that I’m just too busy with the baby, and packing lunches etc etc that I don’t really have much time to hop on the computer.

So this is to remind that YES. This is a good pu-erh. It doesn’t really taste like pu-erh which I suppose could be a bonus for someone like me who’s afraid of getting too much dirt in their cup again.

Another from Tealux! The ingredients sounded like such a great combination: pu-erh, chili, chocolate, cinnamon (and orange flowers which make the blend look great)! Tasting it, none of the flavors are very strong or noticeable (which might be a bit disappointing) but the flavors DO blend really well together to make a new interesting flavor, if that makes any sense (but don’t all teas do that?) It’s earthy, and there is a bit of a kick with the chili, and there is a flavor like those cinnamon candy hearts or Hot Tamales candies! Not much of a chocolate flavor, but like I said, the flavors combined make for something interesting. I really like it! I wonder if there is something chocolatey I can add… This sounds like it would be a nice Valentine’s Day tea!

I also want to say… I’m not sure why there aren’t many reviews for Tealux teas. It’s kind of the reason I ordered so many samples from them. They seem to be a decent tea company with very unique blends. They are in Canada but I think the shipping to the US was the same as most other US companies would charge. I wish more Steepsters would give Tealux a chance!

I liked the chocolate chai I was drinking earlier better than this one.
The spices in this just seem weird to me, and I’m not getting much cocoa.
Like I said earlier, Tealux flavored teas are hit or miss with me. This one is more of a miss.

I received this tea in a swap from JustJames…thank you!

The dry aroma is lightly earthy with a hint of spiced cocoa. I’m not usually of fan of tea’s with chocolate in them, I find them too watery. But I do like spicy tea’s.

The cocoa wasn’t too light or watery and was nicely balanced with the spices – the spices give this tea a light pleasant kick. The brewed aroma is warm, spicy cocoa. A delicious tea, that I’m glad I got to sample.

TeaKlutz

This sounds really interesting!

Dexter3657

I have some of this that I haven’t tried yet, glad to hear you liked it. Will move it up my list to try.

I’m with Tea sipper on this one. The flavours are nothing like I expected, but it works. Really well actually.

I expected to hate this tea based on the dry leaves. But the way all the flavours are blending creates something completely different & delicious. I’m not even sure what it tastes like, but it’s yummy.
Every now & again I get a touch.if chocolate mid sip & a hint of spice at the back of my throat.

Yummy!

Tea Sipper

Oh, now I’ll have to try another cup soon to remember what it tasted like… oops. haha

i am gaining a great opinion of tealux. my shipment of treats arrived today, well priced and decadent. my nose is exceptionally happy!

among my choices was this excellent cocoa infused tea. as i awkwardly steeped my first cup (my right arm is in a cast) the excellent smell of the tea developed and became even more exotic. chocolate. cinnamon. pepper. creaminess. well balanced. the woody taste of honeybush and the nutty taste of puerh— very well done! i had it as dessert after dinner.

a very satisfying blend! i look forward to the rest of my bag.