Cherry Fantasy

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by moraiwe

2 Images

• “_(The picture on here was wrong so I replaced it with the one from they're site. Not sure why there's a green tea pictured here?)_ Unlike other reviewers I don't find this one cough-syrupy or...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Whao, Monk's blend in disguise much?? This is one of those teas I love the _theory_ of, but when it comes down to it? Ehhhh not so much. Maybe it's because I had a nasty experience with the...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1315 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! 795! Thanks to *Indigobloom* for this one :) The cherry aroma/flavour of this tea remind me a lot of Cherry Blossom by DavidsTea, minus the floral. Which means I actually kind of like...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes
  • “This is an interesting tea. The dry aroma is a little too florally, cough syrup for me, but the tea isn't too bad. There a sweet cherry flavour here that doesn't remind me of cough syrup, which...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes

From Tealux

Here, three fruits have sought and found each other and then started a rather interesting friendship: the acerola cherry which is becoming more and more famous, the popular fig and the classical, always in-style sour cherry. None of them has any reason to hide. Together, they present a decoration of glowing colors on our black tea base and the fusion of all their flavors will make you dream of summer all year round.

Ingredients: black tea, sour cherries, flavoring, freeze-dried acerola cherries, freeze-dried fig pieces, freeze-dried sour cherry pieces.

About Tealux View company

(The picture on here was wrong so I replaced it with the one from they’re site. Not sure why there’s a green tea pictured here?)

Unlike other reviewers I don’t find this one cough-syrupy or medicinal. I think it’s just a really rich cherry flavor. Tealux says it’ll make you think of summer, but I get an autumnal feel from this through and through. I think the fig adds a bit of depth to the cup (it doesn’t seem to add flavor) and it just screams cherry cordial to me.

Also I’m finally at the bottom of my bag and there are some big fat whole cherries chilling in here. Wish I’d known that sooner — they’re kind of neat.

Whao, Monk’s blend in disguise much??
This is one of those teas I love the theory of, but when it comes down to it? Ehhhh not so much.
Maybe it’s because I had a nasty experience with the Teaopia version a few years ago, and I’ve been traumatized.
The first few sips were great. Cherry cordial and creamy vanilla. Oh yeah it was tasty! but… then the memory association kicked in and I dunno, it just didn’t sit right.
So I won’t rate it, being that my thoughts are completely all over the place. Bah!
That said, it was very smooth and flavourful, and I thought the base black was great…

Sipdown! 795! Thanks to Indigobloom for this one :)

The cherry aroma/flavour of this tea remind me a lot of Cherry Blossom by DavidsTea, minus the floral. Which means I actually kind of like it, because I do like that sort of cherry flavour. Unlike the other reviewers, I’m neither getting Monk’s Blend nor cough syrup from this at all, which is great. Instead, I’m getting more of a tartish yet slightly sweet cherry flavour. The base tea is smooth and unobtrusive, which makes it quite good. I’m still not entirely certain that I’d want to drink too much of this (flavoured black pickiness), but it’s a fairly tasty treat this afternoon!

(Just checked the tea description… fig?! Not tasting that at all here…)

Indigobloom

Hum, interesting! I love cherries. Even cough syrup would have been better lol

This is an interesting tea. The dry aroma is a little too florally, cough syrup for me, but the tea isn’t too bad. There a sweet cherry flavour here that doesn’t remind me of cough syrup, which is great given the dry aroma. However, after a full cup of this, the taste doesn’t endear itself to me.

1 tbsp for 375 ml

Good cherry flavour. Slight clove flavour contamination from a tea it was sitting beside in transit (my own fault). Smooth black tea base. Slight creaminess.

Rating: 79

Thanks to Indigobloom for sharing this with me!

Well, I’m not sure why there aren’t any tasting notes on this yet. Does tealux have a person on here to updates photos and such? I did my best in creating an entry, but I couldn’t get that part up.

Now for the tea. Smelling the dry and steeped tea, it smells vaguely of cherry, sort of fermented cherry, a little bit like cough syrup. Drinking it tastes about like that too. I continue to try out cherry black teas in hopes that one will rise above the rest and make me love it forever…but this isn’t the one yet.

Edited to add: took the second cup of this (not a resteep, just made 2 cups on the first batch) and it’s much less cough-syrupy without sugar. The addition of sugar really adds that. Upping the rating.

I like Tealux’s cherry flavor, and this is no exception. The cherry is good, the black base is good, but as usual this isn’t cherry enough for me. Would like more cherry. I of course added some straight cherry tisane to the second cup. More cherry and it’s really good.
Thank you TheTeaFairy for sending some of this my way.

Thanks to TheTeaFairy again for this one. It’s actually pretty good. Tastes a lot like cherry candy and I have a feeling the cherry will pop even more when cold brewed so I will do that with the rest of the sample. I did like this cup though. Enough to consider buying it for myself. I kinda like it warm though… There’s something soothing about it.

I do not get any fig whatsoever but who cares, I like this tea. It’s nice to not be disappointed. Of course that also means you’re going to order stuff…

Backlog from last night:

Sipdown! I’m trying to get a few in before I get a deluge of tea over the next week or so, and this one was a prime candidate. I’m seriously considering restocking this once I break my tea buying hiatus in September, as I don’t have any cherry black teas in my cupboard, and that’s a flavour I really like (that or Nina’s Quatre Fruits Rouge, which is a red berry mix).

What I really love about this one is the scent of the figs that mingles with the cherries. It’s deep and dark and sweet, like molasses or burnt sugar – by the way, brown sugar is an excellent accompaniment to this.

Bumping the rating up a bit to 80. Thanks so much to Ubacat for sending me a sample of this a few months ago!

It’s 1 a.m. and I can’t sleep so of course I decided it was a good time to sample teas. Woo-hoo for sleep deprivation! At least it’s keeping me away from late-night shopping on tea sites.

This tea has a nice cherry aroma and the flavor reminds me of a flat shirley temple… but with way less sugar. Again, I’m tempted to add cream just to see if it turns into a cherry cream soda. Hmm… maybe it’s sleep depravity coupled with the heavy rain that’s brining out the mad scientist in me because I’m suddenly tempted to experiment by putting this in my soda stream. I better wrap up the tea tasting before things get out of hand.

TheTeaFairy

Lol, I have my best tea sessions during sleep depravation myself :-)
And I can also relate to late night tea shopping spree!!!

EvaGrimm

I’m glad that I’m not the only one. ;-) I controlled myself and just left everything dangling in the “shopping cart” until morning. Shopping online while sleep deprived is my equivalent to grocery shopping when I’m hungry… just mayhem.