Naked Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

• “Thank you *Dexter3657* for this sample. Yixing teapot – 370ml - (Enough for two) Tea weight – 10g Water temp – 95°C Steeping times – 15 second increments This tea has a dark, smoky,...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1196 tasting notes
  • “My first plain (unflavored) pu-erh. Smells ok in the bag, a bit musty, a bit smokey, nothing too offensive. I gave it a quick rinse (sorry couldn't bring myself to try it), all I smelled was...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 786 tasting notes
  • “Had this with some cinnamon sticks broken into the pot this morning. I forgot to rinse, but it was still delicious. This is a really good intro tea, as long as you rinse! Otherwise it does smell a...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1699 tasting notes

From Tealux

This Naked Pu- Erh organic tea is aged for five years before being released, and hails from the Yunnan province in China. It is a popular drink among tea enthusiasts in both the Western and Eastern worlds.

USDA certified organic, this tea has a wide range of benefits and is renowned for lowering cholesterol, helping to loss weight and helping to contribute to general wellness – but don’t just take our word for it! Naked Organic Pu- Erh is recommended by TV’s Dr. Oz for its positive health effects and delicious flavor.

Delivering a deep red infusion with a fragrant sweet yet woodsy aroma and mild earthy depth, this Naked Pu- Erh had a medium to thick body with complex floral notes and a lingering hint of honeysuckle on the finish.

Pu- Erh tea is an excellent alternative to coffee, with bold caffeine content and no bitter taste even after steeping multiple times. Brew for 2-3 minutes to unlock the flavors of your Aged Naked Pu- Erh tea.

About Tealux View company

Thank you Dexter3657 for this sample.

Yixing teapot – 370ml – (Enough for two)
Tea weight – 10g
Water temp – 95°C
Steeping times – 15 second increments

This tea has a dark, smoky, wooden, straw, damp earthen scent. An overall pleasant medium strength Pu Erh.

Flavour is smoky and smooth with sweet wooden highlights. Non offensive and of medium strength. Flavour remains consistent over three steeps.

It’s a nice Pu Erh but nothing special. Would be perfect for an everyday Pu Erh or as an introduction to it.

My first plain (unflavored) pu-erh. Smells ok in the bag, a bit musty, a bit smokey, nothing too offensive. I gave it a quick rinse (sorry couldn’t bring myself to try it), all I smelled was dirty socks and fishy. Ewwwww, at this point I was thinking, people drink this stuff. Let it steep for about a minute – less than what was recommended on the package. As it was steeping, it lost a lot of that “offensive” dirty sock smell.
First sip – initial impression, wow is this weird/strange/unusual. It’s definitely musty, woody, maybe a hit fishy still, but I like it. I am very worried that I am going to need some serious pu-erh lessons (should hide the credit card worried). I’m not going to rate this until I’ve tried the next steep, but I think I am going to be a HUGE Pu-erh fan!!!

Second Steep……Mmmmmm, this is really good. I really don’t know a good pu-erh from an ok one. For a beginner like me this was great, a bit of a rocky start, but I just didn’t know what to expect. The fishy was totally gone on the second steep – maybe I didn’t rinse it enough that I got a little bit in the first steep. I’m rating this really high, it is so unusual, yet so comforting that I am really excited to try it again, and to try other Tealux Pu-erhs that I have samples of.

My Friend Rashad

Try a sheng (raw) puerh from Verdant. What you have there is a shu (ripe) puerh, with shu puerh you run the risk of that fishy compost smell that reminds me of shiritaki noodles. They aren’t all like that but, well, good luck. Buy samples not ounces.

Dexter

I’m just in shock at how fast this went from ewww, as the first rinse water hit the leaves, to wow is this strange, to I think I’m going to like it.
LOL I understand what you are saying, about trying others, I’m really intimated by Pu-erh, seems there are thousands to try. I’m going to be a pu-erh fan, just not sure how much the credit card is going to like the exploration. Agreed, buy small amounts until I learn what I like.

My Friend Rashad

You’ll like most of them. You love tea.

Dexter

I took your advice and I’ve ordered a sheng from Verdant (OK I also ordered a Shu to try one of each from them).

Had this with some cinnamon sticks broken into the pot this morning.

I forgot to rinse, but it was still delicious. This is a really good intro tea, as long as you rinse! Otherwise it does smell a little footy/fishy.

My first deliberate foray into puerh! And it tastes a lot like the one my favourite chinese restaurant serves (only theirs is super watered down…).

mrmopar

You are a pu head in the making.. ;)

boychik

agree ;)

OMGsrsly

This was one of the first teas I bought online ~2 years ago. And o dreamt last night that my mom got me the swirly black and white pot from YS and I was so sad because it’s not as tiny as I wanted. Of course I also dreamed we got it at a hiking shop and that Vancouver island = Swiss alps, so…

Dexter

I too love a little cinnamon stick in with pu’erh.
LOL if you are dreaming about pots being the wrong size – then we need to stop looking at them :))

OMGsrsly

Lol. Yeah that was kinda funny. I was more concerned with the size of the mountains though.

OMGsrsly

I think I might get this one, even though the shape isn’t perfect and it has no spots…

Dexter

That’s nice – when you sign up for an account and join their news letter you get points. I was able to use those points on my first purchase – so you should be able to get a couple dollars off that. :))

Dexter

I did toss a couple of tea samples from them into you box….

OMGsrsly

Oh, cool! Mostly it depends on how impatient I get. Birthday order from YS and waiting for shipping, or something soon? :) Hard to say.

Dexter

IMHO – I still think he perfect one is out there. I think you try to be a bit patient…. maybe email YS and see if they have anything that’s not on the website…

OMGsrsly

Oh yeah, I was going to do that. I look forward to the box! So many new things to try.

boychik

im concerned with the clay quality of this pot. its not yixing

OMGsrsly

Haha, no it’s not yixing. It’s also not the “perfect” pot for me. I want spherical or egg shaped, with a tiny spout, and speckles, about 100ml. You know, just a teensy bit specific. Dexter and I searched and searched last night. Most of the spherical speckled pots are 170cc+.

ashmanra

Definitely trying cinnamon in my next shu pu!