Pu-erh Vanilla Mint

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “Hmmm. This is a touch odd. It's earthy and minty and I guess there's vanilla but the latter two ingredients make me think of cotton candy. That's been dropped in dirt? And, even with that in...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “I'm not sure how i feel about this one. It's minty for sure, but not overly vanilla-y. There's an under taste to this though that is weird. it might be the mint mixing with the puerh and...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4034 tasting notes
  • “Not bad. i liked the puerh base, but i found myself wishing somewhat for more of a flavour commitment. i like peppermint tea, and i like vanilla, but despite there being 3 significant taste...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 342 tasting notes
  • “Dry this smells like The Tea Store's Candy Cane. It's minty, but not overly so. I like this one quite a bit, I'll probably add this one to my morning pu-erh s. It's similar in taste to candy...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 290 tasting notes

From Tealux

Another winning premixed blend which is exclusive to Tealux, Pu- Erh Vanilla Mint tea is totally organic and comprised of only the freshest natural ingredients.

All of the signature rich aroma and detailed taste of loose leaf Pu- Erh tea is only enhanced by the careful addition of hand chopped vanilla beans, wild peppermint and spices. Producing a complex and heady aroma, the warming scents of freshly ground cinnamon and vanilla belie the freshness of pure peppermint and comforting liquorice, all overlaid by the pervasive and detailed depth of taste found only in Chinese Pu- Erh tea.

Producing a deep reddish-black infusion when brewed, this tea has a full and creamy body with a cool peppermint note and natural light sweetness. Finishing tones with accents of espresso and cocoa round off our signature Pu- Erh Vanilla Mint blend.

1-1.5 tsp 212 degrees 3-5 min

Ingredients: Organic Pu- Erh tea, organic vanilla, organic peppermint, organic cinnamon, organic liquorice root

About Tealux View company

Hmmm. This is a touch odd. It’s earthy and minty and I guess there’s vanilla but the latter two ingredients make me think of cotton candy. That’s been dropped in dirt? And, even with that in mind, I’m still not quite sure where to rate it. It’s not bad, but that cocoa spice pu-erh I had from tealux is just so much better in comparison – I probably wouldn’t re-buy this one.

The sample sizes are pretty decent though for $1.50. Definiately 5 cups or so in there, and I scooped them up when everything was 25% off last month!

tattooed_tea

So funny how tastes vary, I prefer this one way more than cocoa spice

I’m not sure how i feel about this one. It’s minty for sure, but not overly vanilla-y. There’s an under taste to this though that is weird. it might be the mint mixing with the puerh and vanilla… not sure.

Not bad. i liked the puerh base, but i found myself wishing somewhat for more of a flavour commitment. i like peppermint tea, and i like vanilla, but despite there being 3 significant taste contributers i still didn’t really get a solid flavour direction or blend. not bad, but just kindof there.

a vanilla based mint where the mint is strong and the vanilla subtle so, a 60/40 mix. or the same ration with a vanilla with a fresher taste of mint? hmmm…. wonder if the puerh was responsible for the murkiness? might be more successful with a black instead….

i any case— not bad, but not great.

OOPS! forgot to thank cavocorax for this insightful sample! i am having one of those days!!!

Dry this smells like The Tea Store’s Candy Cane.
It’s minty, but not overly so. I like this one quite a bit, I’ll probably add this one to my morning pu-erh s.
It’s similar in taste to candy cane, not as strong though, & nit as much vanilla.
I wish taste wise this was more like the vanilla mint mate from my local tea store.
But still pretty yummy.