Pu-erh Caramel Chai

Chai Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter3657

• “SIPDOWN! on this one because i'm sending the rest out in a swap for someone else to try. This one is sort of like a cross between scottish toffee caramel puerh and a chai with a bit too much...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4046 tasting notes
  • “the second of my morning pu-erh & my second tealux tea. the dry leaves were almost fruity, & not quite delicious smelling. ugh once steeped that really revolting smell appears that I have...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 290 tasting notes
  • “I've drank this a few more times. I don't think it's as good as my first note indicates. It is warm and soothing, but I don't think the chai spices are blended to my taste. I think it's too heavy...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 588 tasting notes

From Tealux

A delicious, creamy blend of buttery caramel and full bodied and robust Pu- Erh from China forms the basis of Tealux’s exclusive Pu- Erh Chai Caramel tea.
The earthy depth of organic Pu- Erh tea provides the base and depth to this brew, overlaid by the enticing spiciness of freshly hand ground ginger root, warming cloves and peppercorn with a luxurious top note of our own hand crafted rich and creamy caramel.

A spicy and naturally sweet blend, our Pu- Erh Chai Caramel tea is smooth enough to drink as a simple tea brewed with hot water, or can be combined with gently warmed and frothed milk for an authentic and flavorful chai experience.

Certified organic by the USDA, our Pu- Erh Chai Caramel tea combines only the freshest naturally sourced ingredients from across the world to provide the perfect fusion of taste and depth.

Allergen Note: Contains dairy

212 degrees 3-5mins 1-1.5 tsp

About Tealux View company

SIPDOWN! on this one because i’m sending the rest out in a swap for someone else to try. This one is sort of like a cross between scottish toffee caramel puerh and a chai with a bit too much clove. It’s not a BAD blend, but it’s not really a great tea either. somewhere in the middle of the road for me.

the second of my morning pu-erh & my second tealux tea.
the dry leaves were almost fruity, & not quite delicious smelling.
ugh once steeped that really revolting smell appears that I have associated with pu-erh. it’s that smell that lends to that fishy tastes. oh oh
so I sucked it up, stopped breathing through my nose & sipped. I do get a hint of caramel, man I wish there was more of that, followed by the nasty smell converted to taste & a whole lot of chai.
I’ll finish the sample pouch of this, but I won’t buy more. so much potential. needs more caramel & less of that nasty taste, although I don’t know how it’s unavoidable.

Dexter3657

I had some of this the other day, granted I am suffering from a head cold and my taster may be off, but I didn’t think I was tasting any Pu’erh and you seem to be getting too much (in a bad fishy sort of way). I love reading tasting notes to see the differences in how people experience teas.

I’ve drank this a few more times. I don’t think it’s as good as my first note indicates. It is warm and soothing, but I don’t think the chai spices are blended to my taste. I think it’s too heavy on the cinnamon. Others have said too much clove, I didn’t find that. To each their own, but this isn’t the best chai blend I’ve had.

Edit: I had the last of this iced today. Wow, I really like it cold. I added some sweetener and milk to do a faux iced chai latte. It’s still a little heavy on the cinnamon for my tastes, but much better cold. I’ve bumped the rating up a bit to reflect this.