Dance With Elephant

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna
Boiling 8 min or more

• “This was a random, fruity pick from Tealux when we made our order. They are certainly not lying about the huge chunks of fruit (which is great, though difficult to measure), but I'm not entirely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2367 tasting notes
  • “After I opened and smelled all the little packages of tea I got in the mail last night, I couldn't help but put some of this tea straight into an overnight cold brew. I picked this tea up even...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 572 tasting notes
  • “I bought a sample of this purely for the name, I'm afraid. It smells pretty good in the bag - very banana-y. Prepared, it doesn't have much of a smell. Taste-wise, it's kind of weird. It has...” Read full tasting note
    infused1 183 tasting notes

From Tealux

Indeed, this blend impresses with its size. Fruit pieces of unusual size form the dominant part of this tea. However, not only the optic is impressive. Sweet, fruity banana with a nippy, fresh pineapple and creamy coconut pieces envelop the large fruits. Combined, this forms a truly great blend!

About Tealux View company

This was a random, fruity pick from Tealux when we made our order. They are certainly not lying about the huge chunks of fruit (which is great, though difficult to measure), but I’m not entirely sure that I read carefully enough to note that there was rooibos in the blend. Oops. Oh well.

Brewed up, this tea smells pretty fruity. Very banana-y. Tastewise, it’s the same. Quite banana-y, with definite coconut creaminess. There a bit of rooibos scratchiness as well. The one thing that I’m not liking here, however, is that… there’s a bit of a funky flavour going on. Kind of a yucky, pukey flavour. And aroma. Kind of like the flavour I tasted in Adagio’s Pina Colada, although not neeaaarrrllly as strong. Consequently, I’m wondering if the tangy pineapple in some of these pina colada blends doesn’t sit well, or blend well… because… blech. I was pretty darn impressed with this blend other than that though, because it’s very real-banana (like a smoothie), plus lovely coconut, but I just can’t take that flavour in tea. And this I know isn’t caused by sickness. Sigh. Oh well, at least I only picked up a sample size!

Boiling
canadianadia

Doesn’t sound yummy, that’s too bad…it has such a fun name!

Indigobloom

oh… pineapple :(

After I opened and smelled all the little packages of tea I got in the mail last night, I couldn’t help but put some of this tea straight into an overnight cold brew. I picked this tea up even though I’m not really into herbal teas. The combination sounded good for iced tea and the name is adorable! This actually has rooibos in it, but the large pieces of fruit take over. I had to dig deep to come up with the rooibos at the bottom of the bag. I also had a bit of a tea steeping malfunction, as I spooned/dumped (can’t really spoon this tea with the big fruit pieces) into my infuser that goes with my glass steeper. After I did that, I realized it has rooibos, which doesn’t stay in that infuser since the holes are too big. So, I transferred the dry leaf into a paper filter, only to change my mind and decide to just steep the tea directly in the water with the intent to strain it after it steeped. I wanted to make sure that anything that might dissolve had the full opportunity!

It cold-brewed for about 10 hours. It smells like that banana, orange juice you can buy at the grocery store, but it tastes a lot more delicate. I get banana, citrus, and coconut. Pretty nice, actually. Not getting a lot of rooibos, which is okay by me. It’s actually quite refreshing! I think I would definitely consider getting more of this tea. The only bad thing is that you don’t get a lot of tea for the weight of it, due to the huge fruit pieces.

I bought a sample of this purely for the name, I’m afraid. It smells pretty good in the bag – very banana-y.

Prepared, it doesn’t have much of a smell. Taste-wise, it’s kind of weird. It has a creamy, fruity, rooibos-y taste. I don’t taste banana or coconut at all. Not very pleasant.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more