20 Years Aged Roasted Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

• “...again, lost track of my thoughts on this one this afternoon BUT it was an enjoyable oolong. Rather than hoard the rest of this, i'm going to send the last little bit of this off to terri to try...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4681 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown from *Sil* & *TeaFairy*. This tea made my day. Thank you! A lovely roasty oolong...sigh...thank you. The truth is, I mostly don't care much for most flavored teas, but I do...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2858 tasting notes
  • “I've recently discovered that not only do I like dark oolongs, but I really like AGED dark oolongs. This one is fantastic. LOVE IT!!! It's everything that I love about dark oolong, roasty and...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 692 tasting notes

From Tealux

Our 20 Years Roasted Aged Oolong шs extremely smooth, mellow and produces bright brow liquor and nice aroma of chestnuts. Because it has been aged and roasted once a year for 20 years. Its flavor is even richer than the non-aged Oolong.

This aging process is done with extreme care. Every year the tea was re-roasted. This process enhances the flavor of the tea and makes the taste smoother every time.

20 Years Aged Oolong can be infused up to 15 times.

About Tealux View company

…again, lost track of my thoughts on this one this afternoon BUT it was an enjoyable oolong. Rather than hoard the rest of this, i’m going to send the last little bit of this off to terri to try because i think she might have fun with this one. Thank you for sending this my way teafairy I’m sorry for not doing it justice in my tasting notes. Blame work. 14 hour days suck…especially when you worked from home to drink tea and pay attention to said tea!

Terri HarpLady

I’ll look forward to it!

TheTeaFairy

Please Sil, don’t mention it, happy you got a taste of it, that’s what matters! And yes, I think you will like this one Terri, glad I get to share it with you through Sil :-)

yup! terri’s getting to sample most of what you shared with me haha

Another sipdown from Sil & TeaFairy.
This tea made my day. Thank you! A lovely roasty oolong…sigh…thank you.
The truth is, I mostly don’t care much for most flavored teas, but I do appreciate a cup of real tea.
Thank You!
BTW, I had hoped to get down to 250 teas by the end of the month. I may continue my sipdowns tomorrow, & try to get to 260, but then again, maybe I’ll just let it go.
I’d really like to just spend tomorrow drinking black teas that I love!

Yay! Love this one too.

I’ve recently discovered that not only do I like dark oolongs, but I really like AGED dark oolongs. This one is fantastic. LOVE IT!!!
It’s everything that I love about dark oolong, roasty and nutty, but then it’s just so much more. It’s like dark oolong on steroids, but it’s not offensive, it’s not too much, it’s not really that smokey. Awesome is all I have to say.

TeaTiff

So I too love dark oolongs, what makes the aged variety stand out?

Dexter

I’m not good at explaining tastes and nuances – I think it’s sort of like aged whiskey. The flavors are just deeper, more developed, smoother – it’s like the rough edges have been rubbed off and that allows all the “good bits” to stand out more. (? does that make any sense?)

TheTeaFairy

I so love roasted oolong…Your explanation and comparison to an aged whisky is pretty darn good for someone who’s not “supposed” to be good with tastes and nuances ;-)
I would love to see how they roast those aged oolongs once a year…