Premium Zhejiang Cloud’s Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Tealux

Zhejiang green cloud tea grows in Xueshui Tiantain mountain in China, Zhejian province. Where is surround by cloud and mist throughout the year. It is hand made tea with extra care, the sharp is similar to pith of lotus seed, light green in color with fragrant smell.

In 1915 it was awarded the Gold Medal of PANAMA international fair. it won the medal of “culture famous tea”of ’91 china hangzhou intentional tea culture festival, and the gold medal on the seventh five-year xinghuo paln achievement fair. It also got the first place of Zhejiang Ninth Famous Tea competition.

About Tealux View company

I’m just in a green tea mood.

sipdown on this one! Another share from the teafairy. I like that people send me teas that aren’t necessarily up my alley so that i continue to try things that i wouldn’t reach for on my own. Sometimes it’s a rousing success, other times it’s a miss. This one falls somewhere in the middle. It’s a nice enough tea but it doesn’t make me want to restock it, have more or sing it’s praises. But it’s not a bad tea. It just happens to be a green tea. haha. It’s slightly sweet, vegetal…sort of your typical green tea. Thanks for sharing though Teafairy!

TheTeaFairy

Yep, you never know unless you try :-)

agreed! besides, to try ALL THE TEA, you need to try ALL THE TEA!:)

TheTeaFairy

Haha! And i have no doubt you WILL succeed!!!

Made tuna tataki and soba noodles for supper tonight. I usually have Genmaicha or Sencha with this type of meal but wanted to try something different. This tea is perfect!

What a beautiful green! It’s sweet at first, midly grassy/vegetal, then It releases just a touch of smokiness with a nice astringent finish. I know most poeple don’t appreciate astringency, but strange enough, I love it, especially with food. This type of tea is a real mouth wash! Yet, it’s delicate enough to have on its own.

I will surprise my guests tonight with something new, perfect!

I am glad I got this tea from Tealux. Having my tea, I checked out other reviews and was surprised it didn’t get a higher rating. I guess it really depends on what we like. Since greens , whites, and oolongs are my favs then it makes sense I would love this tea. I do have to agree there’s nothing so far that makes this stand out from other high quality green teas but it is still a great green tea and one I would restock! I didn’t pick up any bitter taste. It seemed to have a faint buttery flavour with the vegetal. Perhaps my taste buds are not quite as refined as some of the others here since I sometimes have trouble discerning very faint flavours and scents. However, I do know I like this tea and could sip it all morning.

180 °F / 82 °C

I decided that it was about time to try some of the other greens in my cupboard, having been obsessed lately with Mao Feng, Long Jing, and Sencha. I ordered a number of 1 ounce envelopes from Tealux, in the hopes of educating myself on the wide range of green teas out there, way beyond my ken.

This one, Zhejiang Cloud’s Green, brewed up golden (not green), and was somewhat redolent of dark green vegetables, but not exactly spinach. It actually reminded me a bit of Teavivre’s Mao Feng. I’m going to have to brew up another pot or two before I can decide what I think about Cloud’s Green, which may simply fall into a category yet to be recognizable by me. I lack at this point a concept of this tea.

second infusion: same story—still not clear on the concept here, and the brew is just like first infusion!

Anna

I remain inspired by your green tea odyssey. (Even when the teas are confusing.)

sherapop

Thank you, Anna! I’m having a lot of fun. :-)

Bold spinach-y flavour- almost bitter but not unpleasant. Medium-thin mouth-feel.