Lotus Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TheTeaFairy

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I just made this at work... I'm not sure what went wrong but it's disgusting. I've never had lotus but I've also never had green tea from Tealux before - so I'm not sure what part of this tea is...” Read full tasting note
    linnaete 21 tasting notes

From Tealux

Each spring, traditional artisans from the Thai Nguyen province in Vietnam hand harvest fresh lotus blossoms which are blended with green tea leaves in an ancient scenting method to create our Lotus Green tea. Prepared in small batches, the unique essence of these spring harvested lotus blossoms is released and absorbed directly into the tea. To produce each kilo of our lotus green tea, the natural scenting method of one thousand lotus flowers is needed to complete this ancient process. The result is a longitudinally curled green leaf with a slightly sharp flavor similar to star anise, paired with a pleasant vanilla finish. It brews a pale green liquor, with second and third servings leaving one’s palate with the invigorating and floral sweetness of aromatic lotus blossoms.

Caffeine Content: Medium

Ingredients: Green Loose Leaf Tea, Lotus Blossoms
Origin: Thai Nguyen province, Vietnam

About Tealux View company

1 Tasting Note

I just made this at work… I’m not sure what went wrong but it’s disgusting. I’ve never had lotus but I’ve also never had green tea from Tealux before – so I’m not sure what part of this tea is the offender. I am so tempted to dump it out, and I’ve never done that before. Ugh. I’m not giving it a pure 0 rating only because it didn’t actually make me vomit.