Golden Monkey Imperial Yunnan

Edit tea info Last updated by TheTeaFairy

• “This was my tea of choice at work today. Wow it's golden - not just hints and tips - these whole leaves and buds are GOLD - so beautiful. I'm a fan of Yunnan, and have tried several golden ones...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 670 tasting notes
  • “Yunnans are not my favourite tea. But I've had some delicious ones and some less than delicious ones. :) This one is from the lovely Teafairy and is a fairly decent, middle of the road, yunnan. I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4536 tasting notes

From Tealux

Just one glance at the gorgeous gold banana-like leaves of your Golden Monkey Imperial Yunnan is enough to let you know that you are about to enjoy something really special! Yunnan black tea falls into the Gongfu category of teas, and is produced in the Yunnan province of China by tea farming families with generations of experience.

Grown and harvested in the traditional manner in the famed Fengging tea growing area, this Golden Monkey Imperial Yunnan hails from the 2012 harvest, and is renowned across the world among lovers of top quality Chinese black teas for its refreshing sweetness and fragrant top notes.

Only the best quality golden buds are plucked for our Golden Monkey Imperial Yunnan tea, to provide a naturally very sweet cup with zero astringency, and smooth, delicate floral notes with a hint of honey.

Steep lightly in hot water for a few minutes to allow the full flavor of your brew to be released!

About Tealux View company

This was my tea of choice at work today.
Wow it’s golden – not just hints and tips – these whole leaves and buds are GOLD – so beautiful.
I’m a fan of Yunnan, and have tried several golden ones lately. I like them in general, and I think this is a good example of that style. I don’t think this is in my top 5 teas, but I enjoyed it at work today, and could easily be an everyday at work type of tea.
It was just medium bold, not astringent, some sweet – but I didn’t get any floral (that fine with me – floral would have turned me off).
Thank you TheTeaFairy for sending me a sample of this beautiful tea.

TheTeaFairy

Yay! It is a pretty tea that one…

Yunnans are not my favourite tea. But I’ve had some delicious ones and some less than delicious ones. :) This one is from the lovely Teafairy and is a fairly decent, middle of the road, yunnan. I like the average-ness of this one, funnily enough. it’s a tea that i can get behind drinking when you want something that isnt out of this world but is still a comforting cup. :) thanks teafairy!