Strawberry Splash

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jeweledthumb

From Tealux

This fresh and gentle blend combination of our Japanese Kukicha Green Tea with a hint of hibiscus invites you to make it your all-day long companion. The two fruits are combined to a tingling, refreshing joy for the palate with a level of acidity that does not impose on you. A smooth, sweetly-aromatic strawberry rounds off the pear flavor, being slightly more dominant. You should definitely try the iced version in summer. The special something: the extra helping of freeze-dried strawberries results in a particularly fresh and fruity tea flavor. Ingredients: Organic Japanese Kukicha Green tea, freeze-dried strawberry pieces and slices, apple pieces and cubes, pear pieces, hibiscus blossoms.

About Tealux View company

I took the remainder of this tea and cold-steeped it to make a pitcher of iced tea. The iced tea itself isn’t done, but the leaf has been tossed.

The tea is slightly astringent but still gently fruity from the strawberries. Adding a bit of agave nectar to sweeten it helps round out the flavour.

Overall, this was a nice iced tea, but I don’t know if I’ll restock this.

This one seems to be a nondescript green base with a fairly realistic layer of strawberry flavour over the top. It wasn’t a chore to drink, but also wasn’t particularly impressive…so I’m rather unlikely to order it in the future.

Great Canadian TTB

Thank you Jeweled Thumb for yet another tasty tea to try. This one has an amazingly subtle green base. I am getting no grassiness or vegetal flavor, just a slight hint of strawberry. This is one I would consider buying so I am glad I got to try it.

Let me know if you want some more. I’d be happy to swap some more out for you. =)

I think I am okay for now but thank you so much for offering :)

Another green from the box. I figure since i don’t typically buy greens, travelling boxes are a good way to try more! This one is quite tasty, which is a nice surprise since i’ve found that i much prefer tealux’s straight teas to their flavoured teas. just enough strawberry to make this one a positive experience for me, without the green taking over and making it grassy. Also, not sour, which makes me happy.

I only got a sample of this from Tealux and it’s not one of my favourites. I don’t like a lot of Sencha teas but have been trying a few here and there to see if I hit one I like. It wasn’t this one. The sencha tea base was a good one but I couldn’t taste any strawberry flavouring. All I picked up was hibiscus which I did not like.

When I first found Steepster, I went a little crazy during a Tealux sale and bought 100 grams of this. Now I know for the future, unless I know I love a tea, 50 grams or less is more than sufficient to determine if I like and want to buy it or not (and it’s awful to be stuck with so much tea if I hate it)!

Anyway, back to Strawberry Splash. This is a light green, fruity tea. I added sweetener and I do taste real strawberry, there’s a fullness in my mouth when I drink this which is very pleasant. It also has hibiscus in it which adds a touch of tartness, but not too bad. I used 3 teaspoons in my 16oz steeping mug.

I bet this would also be good iced.