Fujian Beauty

Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

From Tealux

This is a premium black tea from China’s famous Fujian province, which is eminently drinkable and can be steeped to a wide variety of flavor strengths and depths.

Fujian Beauty shares many similarities with Yunnan black teas such as the well known and popular ‘Golden monkey,’ and those who enjoy Yunnan teas are sure to enjoy this alternative! The aroma of Fujian Beauty is even more pronounced than that of Golden Monkey tea, and is produced from a finer grade of leaf.

A complex and intriguing blend of naturally sweet yet never overpowering cocoa notes segue into glimmers of spiciness and hints of juicy fruit, which are unmatched by any other tea. Producing a leafy autumnal aroma and a velvety smooth and delicately sweet brew, Fujian Beauty is a perfectly palatable drink for any time of the day, and can be brewed either lightly or strongly while still retaining its signature smoothness and very light astringency.

About Tealux View company

dexter sent this one my way with her mini brithday package for me so i figured i’d give it a whirl asap since it’s a small one to drink up and i wanted a few straight teas this morning before i get in to some of my other samples.

This tea is delicious! It’s god a good heft to it – thick and malty while also having a sweetness to it. i am a fan! I may need to add this to my eventual tealux order if i ever get my cupboard under control. No spending this month!

Dexter

I think this is a solid Fujian black tea – and considering it’s only 3.00/25g and you can quite often get 20% off that, it’s really economical. Great tea that is cheap enough to drink every day. Happy that you enjoyed it. :))

oooh good to know!

Another one from TeaFairy
This is a tasty cup, with the main features being a honey & fruit aroma.

Dexter3657 was so kind to have sent me some wonderful surprise samples of teas that I like as well as teas that were on my wishlist. Thanks so much!

This Fujian black is AMAZING!. The smell of the dry leaf is very thick and malty, almost as if there was a bread-y quality to it. The brewed tea smells very similar to the dry tea but with the addition of scents of wild honey. The brewed tea tastes like any Fujian black should. It is thick, with a thick malt. Some notes of wild honey. It is bold but I am getting no astringency. It is very smooth. I think Fujian blacks are my favorite. This one does not disappoint.

As a sidenote for anyone that was following my ridiculous tasting notes/stories yesterday, my company came down, got ridiculous drunk and threw up all over the bathroom, and spilled Burger King poutine all over my couch. Is now sleeping so I have to be dreadfully quiet because I am scared to wake “the hangover”. Yesterday I angrily proclaimed that I was not going to be the one that was cleaning the bathroom, and all I got was giggles in return. So much for my recluse weekend. Next time, turn off phone, close windows and blinds, lock doors, don’t respond to any attempts of contact, and hope no one calls the police because they are scared something happened to me.

Ugh. That sounds the worst. :( so sorry

Angrboda

Ugh, how awful. I think somebody is going to need a severe talking to, hangover or no hangover.

Terri HarpLady

That sucks. In the famous words of my mom, “with friends like that, who needs enemies?”

Lala

Sadly it is a member of my family, but that being said I do agree Terri. More like with family like that, who needs enemies? :P

whatshesaid

I have to go read your story now!

whatshesaid

Oh dear. That’s the worst. Family – you gotta love em but you don’t have to like em!

MissLena

Yikes, sounds like a miserable night. Just show them the mess in the bathroom and reinforce that you are not cleaning it haha, hopefully they help out a bit!

Tealizzy

Wow, that’s terrible! Hope you get some peaceful alone time soon!

This is fantastic. Drinking it at work tonight and it’s making me happy. Nice bold Chinese black – what’s not to like. Steeping isn’t perfect at work, but I’m finding that I like this one with more leaf – 2 tsp/coffee mug – and about a 1 to 1.5 minute steep. It’s pretty much everything I expect from a good black tea. It’s sweet, subtle cocoa notes, a little fruit in the back. I like it. I normally like Tealux’s straight teas (hit or miss with the flavors) and this one is no exception. Yay for good tea at work!!!

mrmopar

Wish I could brew at work. Hard to do in a delivery truck:(.One day…

Terri HarpLady

On the other end of the spectrum, I probably spend more time brewing tea than working…hahaha

Dexter

I work in a hotel, so I have a full restaurant kitchen at my disposal. I’m really lucky, but I still get interrupted and let tea over steep….