Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow

Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter3657

• “I took this to work today. WOW!!!! This is GREAT tea. I used a bit more leaf than recommended, and I'm not sure what the water temp is in our dispenser (it's probably 85-90), and I steeped it...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 578 tasting notes
  • “Welcome to Day 4 of *little terri's Sipdown Extravaganza!!* I got extremely busy with students yesterday, pretty much non stop all afternoon, & then out doing my musician thang in the evening. So...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2480 tasting notes
  • “dear dexter. I hate you just a little. this tea is delicious! (but also on the expensive side) but i want more. I'm torn between sharing with my tea sister terri and drinking up the rest but i'm...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes

From Tealux

This premium Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow holds the distinction of being the world’s rarest Lapsang black tea, and is subject to incredibly strict growing and picking standards to ensure its consistency and quality.

Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow comes from a rare species of primitive wild tea that grows at an altitude of 1500-1800 metres in the National Natural Conservation Area of China’s Wuyi Mountain. It must be picked before Tomb-sweeping day, and is highly labour-intensive to gather. A skilled tea picker can pluck around 2,000 buds per day, however, almost 60,000 buds are required to produce 500g of this Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow tea! This means that it takes at least 29 days for one tea picker to pick enough buds to produce just 500g of the finished tea product, which consists of slender, tightly curled gold-black leaves and tips.

Following the strictly regulated hand processing procedure for Bohea Lapsang tea that is adhered to in the native area, Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow has its own unique and venerable characteristics, producing a bright golden tea liquor with a rich and aromatic fruit, flower and honey flavor with hints of potato.

About Tealux View company

I took this to work today. WOW!!!! This is GREAT tea. I used a bit more leaf than recommended, and I’m not sure what the water temp is in our dispenser (it’s probably 85-90), and I steeped it about 6 minutes.
That sounds wrong, this should not have been that good. IMHO This tea is right up there with any of the other premium black teas (it has MORE chocolate notes than Laoshan Black). I’m not sure it’s as complex as some of them, but the dark chocolate notes in it are fantastic.
I will be ordering more of this and not wasting it at work…

want.

yyz

I`d like to try this one too!

Dexter3657

Sil – I’ll add some to the package I’m putting together for you.

Woot woot. I have a feeling ill owe you a second package at this rate…. Totally willing!

Dexter3657

LOL and then I’ll owe you tea, and then you’ll send me more…etc. I can almost feel a never ending swap. :)))

Terri HarpLady

This sounds wonderful!

Welcome to Day 4 of little terri’s Sipdown Extravaganza!!
I got extremely busy with students yesterday, pretty much non stop all afternoon, & then out doing my musician thang in the evening. So I have a whole bunch of sipdowns from yesterday to log, but I’m going to start with this cup, this lovely Jin Jun Mei from Sil (and Dexter). I love Jin Jun Mei teas, and this one is very nice. The aroma when the hot water hit the leaf was honey, without a doubt. The flavor was honey spread over a perfectly toasted piece of dark honey wheat bread, sprinkled with some pollen (& by perfectly toasted, I don’t mean some wimpy pale toast, I’m talking about a nicely darkly toasted piece of toast, almost, but not quite, to the point of burning…oh, how I miss toast…sigh…).

Dear Dexter,
Sil is MY tea sister, quit trying to steal her from me by luring her with amazing teas!
Love, little terri
p.s. And thanks for sharing this tea with Sil, cuz she shared it with me ;)

Dear Sil,
Thanks for this yummy sample! I have a collection of Jin Jun Mei’s. I’m going to send you samples of ALL of them, cuz you’re MY tea sister!
Love,
little terri
:D
note from Ms Theresa, “little terri is in bratty mode today, because she stayed up until 4am. Please bear with us until we get her under control. Thanks”

oh i’m so glad you enjoyed this one. I know how you love jin jun mei’s…that one has been waiting for you for a while..

pretty sure this is on my shopping list someday when i get through more teas, to get some more from tealux.

Terri HarpLady

I think I have 3 from Yunnan Sourcing, 1 from verdant reserve, & maybe another one from somewhere :)

dear dexter. I hate you just a little. this tea is delicious! (but also on the expensive side) but i want more. I’m torn between sharing with my tea sister terri and drinking up the rest but i’m sure that i’ll send the lsat little bit to her lol. But now of course, i’ve spent the past 30 mins on the tealux website again, building a cart. Because i want more of this and there IS a sale this weekend…and then i could get more of this and share it with tastybrew too…and the girls here because this is yummy! It’s like bolder breakfast only more cocoa-ey and totally straight, whereas bolder breakfast has flavouring.

Seriously…if you like cocoa notes in your tea, just go buy some of this. It’s super tasty!

TastyBrew

Ha ha… I was placing an order in my mind as I read this and then I saw my name. I’ll split an order with you or I can wait patiently for the bbbb. This sounds delicious!

I’m easy! it’s on the expensive side of things, so i’m happy to just send you a sample so you can try it first.