Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow

Honey, Malt, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

• “Jin Jun Mei is one of my favorite black teas. This is a FANTASTIC example of it. LOVE IT!! Thank you *TheTeaFairy* for sending me some of this - I really need to buy more...oh to get my cupboard...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes
  • “Welcome to Day 4 of *little terri's Sipdown Extravaganza!!* I got extremely busy with students yesterday, pretty much non stop all afternoon, & then out doing my musician thang in the evening. So...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3072 tasting notes
  • “Tea and Cards Travelling teabox. I confess, i've had this tea before but it was so long ago, i wanted to see if my memory of this tea was correct AND if my tastes had changed so much that this...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5370 tasting notes
  • “So this is one of the last samples that *Virginia* sent me...storm it, I'm gonna spend all my money at David's Tea and Tealux. It's ridiculous! XD I figured this tea would taste like honey since...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 441 tasting notes

From Tealux

This premium Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow holds the distinction of being the world’s rarest Lapsang black tea, and is subject to incredibly strict growing and picking standards to ensure its consistency and quality.

Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow comes from a rare species of primitive wild tea that grows at an altitude of 1500-1800 metres in the National Natural Conservation Area of China’s Wuyi Mountain. It must be picked before Tomb-sweeping day, and is highly labour-intensive to gather. A skilled tea picker can pluck around 2,000 buds per day, however, almost 60,000 buds are required to produce 500g of this Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow tea! This means that it takes at least 29 days for one tea picker to pick enough buds to produce just 500g of the finished tea product, which consists of slender, tightly curled gold-black leaves and tips.

Following the strictly regulated hand processing procedure for Bohea Lapsang tea that is adhered to in the native area, Jin Jun Mei Lapsang Golden Eyebrow has its own unique and venerable characteristics, producing a bright golden tea liquor with a rich and aromatic fruit, flower and honey flavor with hints of potato.

About Tealux View company

LOVE IT!!

Thank you TheTeaFairy for sending me some of this – I really need to buy more…oh to get my cupboard under control….

Virginia

So amazeballs, right? I keep packing some up to send to other people and it’s always an internal struggle: I want to be selfish and keep it all for myself like a big hog but I also want everybody else to be able to put this in their mouth xD

Dexter

LOL I can totally relate to that!!!! This is an amazing tea and should be shared with the world, but it’s also on the pricey side and should be kept in a very special place in your cupboard. I have a few teas that I seem to keep buying and passing on, buy more and keep passing it on. It just feels amazing to be able to share awesome teas with others. I was very lucky to be on the receiving end of this special tea!!! :))

Welcome to Day 4 of little terri’s Sipdown Extravaganza!!
I got extremely busy with students yesterday, pretty much non stop all afternoon, & then out doing my musician thang in the evening. So I have a whole bunch of sipdowns from yesterday to log, but I’m going to start with this cup, this lovely Jin Jun Mei from Sil (and Dexter). I love Jin Jun Mei teas, and this one is very nice. The aroma when the hot water hit the leaf was honey, without a doubt. The flavor was honey spread over a perfectly toasted piece of dark honey wheat bread, sprinkled with some pollen (& by perfectly toasted, I don’t mean some wimpy pale toast, I’m talking about a nicely darkly toasted piece of toast, almost, but not quite, to the point of burning…oh, how I miss toast…sigh…).

Dear Dexter,
Sil is MY tea sister, quit trying to steal her from me by luring her with amazing teas!
Love, little terri
p.s. And thanks for sharing this tea with Sil, cuz she shared it with me ;)

Dear Sil,
Thanks for this yummy sample! I have a collection of Jin Jun Mei’s. I’m going to send you samples of ALL of them, cuz you’re MY tea sister!
Love,
little terri
:D
note from Ms Theresa, “little terri is in bratty mode today, because she stayed up until 4am. Please bear with us until we get her under control. Thanks”

oh i’m so glad you enjoyed this one. I know how you love jin jun mei’s…that one has been waiting for you for a while..

pretty sure this is on my shopping list someday when i get through more teas, to get some more from tealux.

Terri HarpLady

I think I have 3 from Yunnan Sourcing, 1 from verdant reserve, & maybe another one from somewhere :)

Tea and Cards Travelling teabox.

I confess, i’ve had this tea before but it was so long ago, i wanted to see if my memory of this tea was correct AND if my tastes had changed so much that this was not a tea i wanted. Turns out that my tastes HAVE changed, and while this was a nice cup of tea, it was not the same incredibly amazing tea that i had back in the day. Dropped the rating a little for not being able to go the distance for a few months but it’s still a tea i’d be willing to rotate in to my cupboard if i placed an order with tealux again. It’s chocolatey and malty and in the grandscheme of things, a tasty tea.

TheTeaFairy

Mmmm, jin jun mei…

So this is one of the last samples that Virginia sent me…storm it, I’m gonna spend all my money at David’s Tea and Tealux. It’s ridiculous! XD
I figured this tea would taste like honey since its name is Jin Jun Mei Golden Eyebrow. You know…codeword for honey…well, maybe that doesn’t make sense to you. But that’s how my stupid brain works I guess.
The first couple sips definitely did taste like honey mixed with malty-ness which I loved. But then the honey flavor went away and was replaced by a roast-y flavor…which I thought was even better. But then when all was well it started tasting more nutty than malt-y. 0_0 I have no idea what happened. That was one of the strangest teas I’ve ever had. I have no idea what’s goin’ on with my taste buds today xD
So overall it was a pretty good tea. Just not exactly what I expected. And now I just have the taste of peanuts in my mouth. So weird-but a good weird! I’ll probably get more! XD Thanks again, Virginia!

Flavors: Honey, Malt, Nutty

As this steeped, I couldn’t help but notice that the liquor looks exactly like maple syrup. Mmm. It smells like honey, and raisins, and bread, and milk chocolate. Double yum.
I grab my cup, take another whiff, and go for my first sip. I stare at my cup blankly. Blink a few times. Take another sips. Look for my socks, can’t find them. I guess they were COMPLETELY ROCKED OFF by the taste of the little treasure that’s in my cup.

In case you were wondering, this most definitely does not taste like eyebrows. Unless eyebrows taste like rich dark chocolate, wood, and baked goodness. It smells divine and tastes better than it smells.

This is Oh my effing God good.

TheTeaFairy

Isn’t it the bomb this tea?

mj