Lu Shan Yun Wu

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Lu Shan Yun Wu is another China green tea which I would be hard pressed to identify in a blind line-up. I have a couple more servings in this 1 ounce envelope from Tealux, so I decide to brew up a...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 898 tasting notes

From Tealux

One of China’s traditionally famous teas, Lu Shan Yun Wu is harvested from the peak of Mount Lu. Indeed, Lu Shan Yun Wu is one of China’s finest, and it was already an Imperial Tribute Tea since the Song Dynasty.

Yun Wu Tea has a very unique and lasting sweet taste with hint of fruity notes. Unlike other green teas, the sweetness is quite apparent. Good for up to four infusions.

Lu Shan Yun Wu is endued with high level of theanine, rich tannins and vitamins by the cooling and misting climate and ideal growing environment of Lu Mountain.

About Tealux View company

Lu Shan Yun Wu is another China green tea which I would be hard pressed to identify in a blind line-up. I have a couple more servings in this 1 ounce envelope from Tealux, so I decide to brew up a two-glass tetsubin as my mid-day green.

The liquor is very pale greenish gold veering peach with tiny white filaments floating about in an almost plankton-like fashion. Not that this tastes like fish—no, not at all! The flavor is very subtle. Slightly sweet, but not exactly fruity and also not really sugary. Let’s just say that it’s not vegetal in the least.

I imagine that this is considered an imperial tea because of its extreme subtlety, along the lines of Silver Needle. In fact, this is probably the green tea for people who don’t really like green tea!

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 45 sec 4 g 16 OZ / 473 ML