Dragon Lychee Pearls

Chinese Black Tea, Lychee
Flowers, Lychee, Cocoa, Malt, Tea, Caramel, Honey, Sweet, Smooth, Floral, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

From Tealux

Well rounded, sweet, mellow and flavorsome, our Lychee tea is an exotic and enticing taste sensation!

Ripe, fruity and aromatic, Lychee is delicious either served hot, or chilled and served over ice with a sprig of mint or a slice of lemon.

Ingredients: Chinese Black Tea, Lychee Essence

About Tealux View company

Finally getting around to trying this one. It’s been in my cupboard long enough, that’s for sure. I followed the recommended parameters, and used 1.5 tsp of pearls (which amounted to 12, some smaller than others). I gave them 3.5 minutes in boiling water, no additions.

I’d heard a lot of good things about this one, and fortunately it’s as delicious as I hoped. It has a strong, fruity, juicy lychee flavour right up front, followed by the smooth, malty chocolatey flavour of the black tea base. It’s an amazing combination! Although the lychee is strong, it’s not overpowering or cloying, which is always a bonus when it comes to flavoured teas. I wish more things were lychee flavoured, actually. I think it could only improve my life, in all honesty.

I have some of Tealux’s unflavoured Black Dragon Pearls to try next, and it’ll be interesting to see how they compare with both this blend and with the Teavivre pearls I tried a while back. I love that there are still new tea discoveries to be made, even though I’ve rated 900-odd individual teas in my two years on here. Hooray for new tea adventures (and more lychee!)

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

This sounds fantastic, and you’ve just reminded me that I already have this on my wish list haha.

Pure fragrant lychee with its distinctive floral sweetness together with pure black tea. This is delicious!

Flavors: Flowers, Lychee

This is a queued tasting note.

This tea comes from Liquid Proust’s stash sale! A while back we were talking lychee teas and he highly recommended this one to me, so when I saw he was selling it I had to jump on the chance to try it!

I made this in a teacup, using five of the tiny little pearls, and resteeped it twice after the initial infusion. The first was very smooth with an incredibly light, bright and juicy lychee/floral top not practically bouncing off notes of malt, cocoa, and honey from the base tea that composed the body of the sip. It was absolutely delicious, and the juxtaposition of flavour was quite lovely and intense. Subsequent infusions were much the same, though we the lychee flavour fading fairly substantially throughout infusions. The more it faded, however, the more I noticed the floral and honey notes.

Truly, this was a wonderful tea though. Quite worthy of LP’s praise, for sure. I particularly loved the intensity of the lychee flavour that definitely stayed true to the flavour of actual lychee fruit. Mmm!

Wow, didn’t know lychee tea existed! I love the taste of lychee as well, might have to look into this.

also if you get good ‘mi lan’ dan cong oolong (my fave is jingteashop but other vendors will have good ones), or ‘golden lily’ oolong from whispering pines both have lychee flavour. Delicious stuff. The golden lily is 100% guaranteed lychee fruity tropical flavours

Im amazed that its just tea sometimes

My best friend came over last night and we picked out five pretty high end teas to drink with this included. We only ended up drinking three because we resteeped this tea four different times. This is one sneaky tea,who would of known it was a black tea by tasting it?
Water at 205f poured right over these guys. The lychee is strong and last throughout the steeps.
Now I want to know where I can find me some black pearls without jasmine in them so I can start to play with them.

Liquid Proust

Have you seen these? They are very different and I have yet to see a tea like it. There is no gold strands in them, pure dark and very smooth with no cocoa or brisk flavor.

Nope. I only have Teavivre. But they are flavor free if you want to experiment

Liquid Proust

Which ones…? Price is important too because everything I buy for my company is 1kg which is why I buy direct now. All my findings have been the golden/black pearls that have cocoa notes to them which wouldn’t work for a sweeter/fruitier

I love this one! Especially how it just keep going and going…

Zen Teas have a black phoenix pearl that isn’t scented, but that one is kind of cocoa-y.

Nice, easy and yummy! This is a simple flavored tea, and I like how easy it is to brew! I usually use like 6-ish pearls tossed in a pint glass at work. Everyone thinks I’m crazy, but daymn it is good! The lychee note is spot on, not artificial to me at all. The black tea takes a back seat, but it does compliment the lychee really well. Like chocolate covered lychees, yasss!

Full review here:

Flavors: Cocoa, Lychee, Malt

I wanted to try these after having the Black Dragon Pearls from Teavana. I got them in my first Tealux order and I like them; the lychee isn’t overly prominent but it’s there and the base tea is good. What I’m wondering though is what people’s experiences have been with resteeping this tea. I usually steep the other Black Dragon Pearls three times but I’m not sure yet how these will hold up. I’m on my second steep right now, so we’ll see I guess! But I’d love to hear others’ experience with resteeping this one.

Edit: Second and third steeps were good!

Flavors: Cocoa, Lychee, Tea

I’m not really a fan of this one. It smells great, but the taste is nothing like lychee and it just makes for a confused tongue. The base is black tea and I think I’m more partial to greens and oolongs.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Lychee

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Thanks to Lindsay for this sample.

These beautiful little pearls are uniformly rolled balls of black tea, and quite possibly the best smelling lychee tea I’ve ever encountered. Both dry and steeped, they smell intensely sweet and juicy. The lychee fragrance is very authentic, bit I’m reminded more of those lychee canned juices, or lychee bubble tea, than of just the fresh fruit.

I steeped 8 pearls in 8oz of 93C water. I think for about three minutes, but I had a timer failure, so I’m not sure.

This is delicious. The lychee flavour isn’t quite as in your face as the scent, but I really like it. It’s sweet and juicy and has that whole mouth flavour that lychees have and that I often find missing in lychee flavoured teas. The black base is apparent, with hints of malt and cocoa, and quite well balanced with the lychee.

Definitely a winner among lychee flavoured teas, and one that I can see buying.

Flavors: Cocoa, Lychee, Malt, Sweet

Ooo, they’re back in stock too! Except that I’m not buying more tea. No more. I still have some of this one left. lol.

Nice, I ought to pick these up when I eventually order for them.

These pearls are fantastic! Chocolate covered lychees!!

I’m so tempted :’)

Oh man, now I wish I counted how many pearls I used for my cup! All I remember is measuring out a teaspoon, then adding one pearl, then removing a little one, to make 2.5g. It’s always fun to watch pearl teas unfurl as they steep, and this one expands into what seems like quite a lot of leaf! It has an amazing lychee smell as it steeps. The lychee flavour is quite strong – sweet and juicy and no weird artificial taste. I love lychees (though it has been years since I had a fresh one, boo) so perhaps it’s predictable that I would love this tea. The base tea is malty with a bit of cocoa. Very nice.

Flavors: Lychee

More backlog….
I had a small sample of this last time, but I finally sprung for the 100g pack in my last order!!

The lychee flavor is definitely not as strong as regular supermarket black lychee loose leaf, but that’s kind of nice too, it’s not as overwhelming. I still think the second steep is better than the first.