Dragon Lychee Pearls

Chinese Black Tea, Lychee
Cocoa, Lychee, Malt, Tea, Caramel, Honey, Sweet, Smooth, Floral, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

From Tealux

Well rounded, sweet, mellow and flavorsome, our Lychee tea is an exotic and enticing taste sensation!

Ripe, fruity and aromatic, Lychee is delicious either served hot, or chilled and served over ice with a sprig of mint or a slice of lemon.

Ingredients: Chinese Black Tea, Lychee Essence

About Tealux View company

OH HELL YEAH!
My best friend came over last night and we picked out five pretty high end teas to drink with this included. We only ended up drinking three because we resteeped this tea four different times. This is one sneaky tea,who would of known it was a black tea by tasting it?
Water at 205f poured right over these guys. The lychee is strong and last throughout the steeps.
Now I want to know where I can find me some black pearls without jasmine in them so I can start to play with them.

boychik

Teavivre

Liquid Proust

Have you seen these? They are very different and I have yet to see a tea like it. There is no gold strands in them, pure dark and very smooth with no cocoa or brisk flavor.

boychik

Nope. I only have Teavivre. But they are flavor free if you want to experiment

Liquid Proust

Which ones…? Price is important too because everything I buy for my company is 1kg which is why I buy direct now. All my findings have been the golden/black pearls that have cocoa notes to them which wouldn’t work for a sweeter/fruitier
mixture.

Flyawaybirdie

I love this one! Especially how it just keep going and going…

Zen Teas have a black phoenix pearl that isn’t scented, but that one is kind of cocoa-y.

Nice, easy and yummy! This is a simple flavored tea, and I like how easy it is to brew! I usually use like 6-ish pearls tossed in a pint glass at work. Everyone thinks I’m crazy, but daymn it is good! The lychee note is spot on, not artificial to me at all. The black tea takes a back seat, but it does compliment the lychee really well. Like chocolate covered lychees, yasss!

Full review here:

Flavors: Cocoa, Lychee, Malt

I wanted to try these after having the Black Dragon Pearls from Teavana. I got them in my first Tealux order and I like them; the lychee isn’t overly prominent but it’s there and the base tea is good. What I’m wondering though is what people’s experiences have been with resteeping this tea. I usually steep the other Black Dragon Pearls three times but I’m not sure yet how these will hold up. I’m on my second steep right now, so we’ll see I guess! But I’d love to hear others’ experience with resteeping this one.

Edit: Second and third steeps were good!

Flavors: Cocoa, Lychee, Tea

I’m not really a fan of this one. It smells great, but the taste is nothing like lychee and it just makes for a confused tongue. The base is black tea and I think I’m more partial to greens and oolongs.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Lychee

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Thanks to Lindsay for this sample.

These beautiful little pearls are uniformly rolled balls of black tea, and quite possibly the best smelling lychee tea I’ve ever encountered. Both dry and steeped, they smell intensely sweet and juicy. The lychee fragrance is very authentic, bit I’m reminded more of those lychee canned juices, or lychee bubble tea, than of just the fresh fruit.

I steeped 8 pearls in 8oz of 93C water. I think for about three minutes, but I had a timer failure, so I’m not sure.

This is delicious. The lychee flavour isn’t quite as in your face as the scent, but I really like it. It’s sweet and juicy and has that whole mouth flavour that lychees have and that I often find missing in lychee flavoured teas. The black base is apparent, with hints of malt and cocoa, and quite well balanced with the lychee.

Definitely a winner among lychee flavoured teas, and one that I can see buying.

Flavors: Cocoa, Lychee, Malt, Sweet

Lindsay

Ooo, they’re back in stock too! Except that I’m not buying more tea. No more. I still have some of this one left. lol.

Fjellrev

Nice, I ought to pick these up when I eventually order for them.

TheTeaFairy

These pearls are fantastic! Chocolate covered lychees!!

Mikumofu

I’m so tempted :’)

Oh man, now I wish I counted how many pearls I used for my cup! All I remember is measuring out a teaspoon, then adding one pearl, then removing a little one, to make 2.5g. It’s always fun to watch pearl teas unfurl as they steep, and this one expands into what seems like quite a lot of leaf! It has an amazing lychee smell as it steeps. The lychee flavour is quite strong – sweet and juicy and no weird artificial taste. I love lychees (though it has been years since I had a fresh one, boo) so perhaps it’s predictable that I would love this tea. The base tea is malty with a bit of cocoa. Very nice.

Flavors: Lychee

More backlog….
I had a small sample of this last time, but I finally sprung for the 100g pack in my last order!!

The lychee flavor is definitely not as strong as regular supermarket black lychee loose leaf, but that’s kind of nice too, it’s not as overwhelming. I still think the second steep is better than the first.

I don’t know why I continue to buy flavored blacks. They always sound so good on the website, so I buy them and then they get here and sit around until I force myself to drink them. You’d think I would eventually learn…

Anyway, Cameron just reviewed this one so it inspired me to take out my bag and try to get rid of some more of it. Now, I’ve never actually had a lychee before, so my only knowledge of the fruit comes from tea. I find it a bit floral, quite sweet and juicy. Almost grape like, but not quite. Honestly, I feel it would be more at home with a green tea, but it’s nice here too. It’s a very refreshing flavor that reminds me of summer. In this tea the flavoring overpowers the base a bit, but it still manages to be quite lovely. I probably won’t rebuy, but I greatly enjoy it whenever I make myself brew some.

Cameron B.

I still like Lychee Barley from Lupicia better! :D

Stephanie

lychee oolong from Butiki was fantastic…le sigh

cookies

I bet barley goes well with lychee. I’ll have to stick that one on my to-buy list

Another one from cookies! I’m excited to try this one, as I’ve heard good things about it from a few different people. I don’t have a ton of experience with lychee, but I really liked the Lychee Barley from Lupicia so I’m intent on trying more lychee-flavored teas! These pearls are about a centimeter in diameter, and they’re more loosely rolled than other pearls I’ve seen. Dry scent is strong, sweet lychee! I used eight pearls for my 8 ounces of water.

The steeped tea also smells strongly of lychee, but it’s not overwhelming. I can smell some cocoa notes as well. Wow, there is a lot of lychee going on here, and it’s very tasty. I would describe lychee as being sweet, juicy, floral, and slightly musky. The base tea has nice cocoa and malt flavors, and a touch of wood. Tasty!

Flavors: Cocoa, Floral, Lychee, Malt, Sweet, Wood

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is lovely with good fruity lychee notes that persist through many steepings over cocoa, butter, honey and malt. It has immediately gone on my wish list!

The pearls are about the size of a medium large natural pearl on a pearl necklace. The dark leaves are fairly tightly wound and are very fragrant. I used 7 of them in 150 ml of boiling water.

Once brewed the lychee is strong in scent, very fruity, slightly raisiny and a bit perfumy. The tea underneath smells of cocoa and a bready malt note and butter.

1.2 min: The flavour is soft and creamy, the lychee is very fruity with a hint of dried raisiny fruit among the lychee, there is a good note of honey, and cocoa and butter in the base. The flavours blend well together. The colour is ranging towards oak.

2 min. The tea has a more balanced blend between the fruit and base tea scents. The cocoa is stronger and the lychee smells rich and voluptuous.
The balance is well met between the originally listed flavours as well, with the lychee remaining strong, the honey intensifying and the cocoa and butter notes remaining uunderneath, but are strengthened. A grainy malt note is also becoming apparent.

3 min honey, lychee, cocoa, malt, butter
Lychee is slightly perfumy, cocoa,butter, mmalt, mineral note , opens up to lychee honey and cocoa.

5 min: lychee and honey dominate scent. The base has thinned out and the flavour is of lychee, honey, cream and malt. This steep is a little more tart than the others.

If you enjoy lychee this tea is well worth trying. Thanks JustJames for the sample!

TheTeaFairy

I really like this one.

AllanK

Sounds tasty.

yyz

It really is and the Lychee really lasts throughout the steeping.