Monks Blend

Fruit Tree Flowers, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Taharka

From Tealuxe

Ceylon estate black tea and a mysterious combo of grenadine and vanilla makes this tea one of our most popular.

About Tealuxe View company

Oh Steepsterites! I’ve been in Boston, at a conference, with less than reliable internet access for my netbook. So, I’m posting now, and will backlog later.

While there, I had a lovely time drinking tea at Tealuxe. I think I went in the shop(s) about 5 times in 5 days! I got several teas, so I’ll be adding them to my cupboard. I also got a cute little teapot.

Since I’m still restricting caffeine, I’m going to have one new cup a day. Today is Monk’s Blend. It’s great! The vanilla isn’t clear to me, but the flavor has quite a kick. Lovely way to start the day!

Well, if you’re traveling without decent Internet access, at least you had the tea to make up for it. I’ve had no-net and no-good-tea travels that were just pretty doggone miserable!

That does sound miserable!!! I’m glad we both have access to tea and internet now. :)

And for what it’s worth, Monk’s Blend is hands-down my favorite fruity tea flavor. I guess grenadine can be considered a fruit since it’s pomegranite based?

I’d go with that. :) I think I might be with you on that for now… I have a few more fruity ones I just got, so we’ll see if Monk’s Blend holds the first spot after all of them. :)

I’ve been trying to find a tea that matches a mis-labeled tea I got a few years ago. In my blending experiments it seemed that vanilla was a component, but there also seemed to be something almost fruity. Based on the description, I tried Monk’s blend. Definitely not this one. It’s not a bad tea, but it seems a bit too sharp — and I’m someone who leaves the bag in when I use teabags. I’m going to try using either a bit less tea, or steeping not quite as long, and see if that helps.

If you want a bit more of a kick than Copley Square Vanilla has to offer, try this one. An excellent morning/early afternoon tea.

Awesome fruit punch type aroma! It’s irresistible. No sugar needed for this as it is floral and slightly sweet. One of my favourite flavoured black teas.

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers, Vanilla

A sharper tea, I found this great for a morning cup