Royal Coconut

Green Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by MammalFish

From Tealuxe

Like a sojourn in the South Pacific. Bold pouchong tea flavored with fresh coconut.

About Tealuxe View company

I stopped in at Tealuxe and puzzled over their tea menu for a while before this one was suggested to me. I was so happy to see that they had a coconut pouchong! I want to try as many as I can get my hands on. So, I got a cup to go and 50 g. It smells, predictably, divine. It’s also tasty, but I find it tends to brew up bitter so I have to be careful with it. It’s delicious but I don’t think it really stands out from the pack, so I think Tealish is still my pick for a good balance of quality, accessibility, and price.

Tealuxe’s tea room and sitting area were lovely, just for the record!

This is pretty darn yummy stuff =) To me, it seems very subtle; I don’t know if this is because they’re old leaves (this is a hand-me-down from a friend) or because it’s just a subtle cup of tea. Very lightly flavored. The smell and the taste blossom in a lovely way over the steeping, from a nutty aromy and taste to slightly more grassiness as the pouchong taste comes out. Very light. The smell is toasted coconut, the sip is nice, delicate green flavor, and the aftertaste is really all coconut again. Lovely! =D

I think this one works pretty well both unsweetened and sweetened. Not too strong, and great smelling. It was a present from my little sister when she went to Boston.