Organic Golden Tippy Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Isn’t “tippy” just a happy word? It is, when applied to this particular Vietnamese orange pekoe tea—another discovery at the little TeaMaze shop last weekend. My favorite black teas are those that...” Read full tasting note

From TeaMaze

This black tea from Vietnam has a light brown, evenly worked leaf with golden leaf tips. Light and smooth, but still full-bodied and aromatic with a copper-colored tone. The infusion is slightly floral with hints of caramel.

Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp. Tea leaves for 8 oz. of 208 degree water. Steep for 4 minutes then re-steep with the same leaves as desired.

About TeaMaze View company

1 Tasting Note

My favorite black teas are those that prompt taste memories of dark, yeasty, wheaty bread. This one reminds me more of light biscuits or sweet cornbread with honey.

One teaspoon to 8 ounces of water yielded one very rich cup and one medium-bodied cup. Then I got stupid and tried a third steep in a 12-ounce tumbler (I’m terrible about underleafing), which resulted in what my son calls “water with aftertaste.” Lesson learned. Again.