Aged for 5 years naturally. Today, we are fortunate to have anything aged naturally, as the Pu-Erh market has exploded. This version is sweet, thick and earthy, with the viscosity of dark soy sauce. Good for 8 – 10 steepings.
Water for Tea: Cold, clear, pure water, is recommended, and tap water, especially hard water, is to be avoided. Fresh spring water is ideal. Filtered water is also desirable. Hard water or strong tasting water will obliterate even the most delicious tea.
1. Warm teapot with hot water and discard.
2. Measure 4-5g (about 1 teaspoon) tea leaves
3. Rinse leaves by first pouring a small amount of hot water into teapot, just enough to cover the top of leaves. Pout out immediately.
4. Pour 6-8 oz. of hot water (190-205 degrees) and steep for 1.5 minutes.
5. Drain brewed tea completely into teacup.
6. Re-use the same tea leaves by repeating steps 4 & 5.