Premium Grade Baochong Wen Shan 2009 Spring Harvest

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tealizzy

• “My coworker generously gave me pretty much an entire bag of this tea yesterday. When I asked her why she was giving it away, she said although she likes it, her husband doesn't, and they typically...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 572 tasting notes

From Teance

This tea from Wen Shan is the signature oolong tea of Taiwan. Fans of Bao Chong will recognize its distinctive, intoxicating high fragrance that long lingers in one’s cup. Lightly oxidized, and nearly green, this oolong tea has intensely vivid large, wrapped shape leaves that give off the aroma of gardenias and lilacs. Sweet and smooth with light jade green color when brewed. Competitions for this tea are held for every Spring and Winter crops. Our Premium Bao Chong is made by award winning producer Mr. Lee of Pinglin, Wenshan.

About Teance View company

My coworker generously gave me pretty much an entire bag of this tea yesterday. When I asked her why she was giving it away, she said although she likes it, her husband doesn’t, and they typically enjoy tea together. They’re so cute! Honestly, this does not look like it was a cheap tea, so I feel a little bad about taking it all. It was harvested in 2009, though, and it appears that Teance has a recent 2013 harvest available, so not sure how long she’s had it. Ha!

I really enjoyed 3 steeps of this today. It’s yummy! And no worries, it doesn’t taste stale. ;) I got buttery, vegetal, and some floral notes. Very smooth and thick. I think the vegetal note is like an artichoke, although I’m still working at refining my palate. Overall, a very enjoyable oolong that I am happy to add to my cupboard! :)

Stephanie