Baked Apple Pie

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Indigobloom

From Teaopia

This dessert like tea is a combination of Oolong Tea, apple pieces, sultana raisins, cinnamon bits, almond flakes and vanilla bits. A deliciously, guilt free and healthy way to get the classic flavours of apple pie in your cup.

About Teaopia View company

Amanda was so very nice in sending me a lovely package of teas. Really really appreciate it! thanks so much This one she happened to notice was on my shopping list (though really my shopping list is for anything that looks tasty to me… not teas I’m actually definitely going to buy.) This one sounded intriguing… and it is! It DOES taste like a baked apple pie! The ingredients make it taste very buttery pastry like… I don’t know what the oolong is like on its own, but it certainly helps the flavor. And the apple here is perfect. Sometimes apple can be wrong in a tea, but this one doesn’t have any of that odd chemical flavor. It’s a nice sweet authentic apple. The second steep is more of the same. Really love this one! I just realized I hardly have any flavored oolongs!!

Big thanks to Reasoned_Melody for sending me a bit of this in a swap!

I am always a bit cautious with apple pie type teas because they always seem to have a heavy artificial apple after-note to them, but I don’t get that feeling from this one at all! The fact that it is an oolong blend really give this tea that rich oolong consistency and the apple cinnamon aspects of this combined with that yummy warm taste really make this one a winner. I am more than pleased with this and would definitely consider ordering it!

Edit: Did a second steep on this and it brewed another nice cup of tea, second steep really brings out the earthier notes of the oolong as opposed to the sweeter apple cinnamon flavors that are much more prominent in the first steep. Increased temperature and doubled the steep time for the second round. I think a third steep would be far too weak.

It’s a real, real shame Teavana won’t be carrying this one.

Vanilla?? is that what threw me off here… or was it bergs of past teas in the tea master?
It started out OK, a little oversteeeped maybe. Once it cooled off though, I really tasted the vanilla. Since when am I allergic to vanilla?! I mean, I’ve never liked tea with vanilla in it. My association must be stronger now. *sighs
No matter, I wasn’t thrilled with the “baked apple” aspect anyhow. I just don’t get it! I suppose it’s the texture of apple pie that I love so without that same sensation in the tea my affection for the flavour is gone. That, and there wasn’t enough cinnamon.
This is Meh on so many levels!

I avoided this tea like the black plague for the longest time because:
A) I hate apple pie.
B) I hate fruit in my tea.
C) I dislike the smell of it.
But it was on sample one day and I was surprised at how DELICIOUS it is! It tastes like a strong oolong with a hint of nuts and vanilla. So if you’re hoping for an apple pie flavour you will be disappointed, but go into it with an open mind and you’ll enjoy it!
This tea is perfect plain, don’t add anything to it.
Baked Apple Pie Oolong has become an addiction for me. I need at least one cup of it a day. It’s completely replaced Creamy Nut Oolong as my favourite tea ever.

I so wish I could get my hands on more of this. As it stands, I think I have maybe two cups worth less, if I resteep what little I have left from my sample (by the third resteep, it loses some of its vigour). So warming and spicy, and the oolong adds depth to the blend. I’m going to miss it when I’m out.

OMG I AM IN HEAVEN. I decided to make this into a soy latte and add a little vanilla and mmm heaven in a cup. This tea is a delicious apple cinnamon flavour that reminds you of grandma’s famous apple pie. The soy milk and vanilla gives it a creamy flavour that tastes like a dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top of a slice of apple pie. So so sad that Teaopia is gone because now I want to buy a pound of this tea to engorge myself with.

This was the first oolong tea I ever tasted and I am beyond in love with it. I was given this as a taste tester at the store and it had been steeping for quite awhile at the store which is the way I prefer this tea-steeped for awhile. The smell is so enticing also.

8 min or more

I’ve actually been drinking this tea for awhile but I just couldn’t be arsed to write a tasting note, I’m afraid. I really love the smell of the tea – it’s all very apple-y and cinnamon-y. I’m not really getting apple pie from the flavour, though it’s still quite a nice-tasting tea. I get the fruity apples, and hints of vanilla and cinnamon but it’s just not quite….there. Part of the problem might be the oolong used in this blend – it’s quite a dark oolong with a distinctly roasted flavour – I’d maybe go for a greener, sweeter one like a Tie Guan Yin instead.

Another wonderful tea to enjoy as a dessert tea or in place of dessert! Again, no sweetner added to mine!