Spiced Chocolate (Chai)

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Plunkybug

From Teaopia

The spicy flavours of classic Chai have been perfectly combined with chocolate to create a decadent, delicious and healthy Rooibos blend. Includes Organic Rooibos, cinnamon, ginger, pineapple, cardamom, cloves, white chocolate chips, goji berries, and anise seeds.

About Teaopia View company

I had two sample packets of this tea from Teaopia, and I didn’t like it as much the second time around. The flavours just aren’t balanced in the way you expect from a chai.

Well, I didn’t gag.

I should mention that I hate rooibos. Ok, well, maybe hate is a bit too strong of a word, but I generally dislike rooibos teas, unless the rooibos takes the backseat and is a bit, shall we say, mellow. I only tried this as it was 1 of the 4 tea samples that came with my goody bag with the Teaopia event this morning. In the bag, there were 2 rooibos and 2 oolong samples. I heart oolong. I think everyone got the same…but I don’t know.

In this tea, the rooibos DOES take the back seat, taste-wise, as the chai spices are dominant here. I have to say, not tasting the chocolate though. DAVIDs Saigon Chai and Chocolate Chili Chai are way better though.

I have enough for probably another cup, and I might have it with milk next time, but I won’t be buying this. I’m just not a rooibos fan, and there are far better chais out there.